Search results

1. Nervoustime

acan has closed up????????????????

I would raise it to 1350.
  2. Nervoustime

Looking for a great protein skimmer......

My recommendation would be the AquaC Remora skimmer. I have been using one in my 24 gallon Aquapod with great results. AquaC Remora Hang-On Protein Skimmer Images
  3. Nervoustime

Coco worm lost one crown

You're welcome :)
  4. Nervoustime

Is this some type of worm or coral?!?

IMO, they appear to be aiptasias.
  5. Nervoustime

acan has closed up????????????????

IMO, Acans do better with lower flow and moderate lighting. Also, I would try to raise your Mg levels. As far as dips, I would recommend Revive.
  6. Nervoustime

what kind of slug is this?

It's hard to tell from the scan, but my guess would be a small Abalone.
  7. Nervoustime

Coco worm lost one crown

I would remove the crown from your tank. It does not have the ability to grow a new tube. As far as regrowing a new crown, it is highly possible with proper water conditions. In my experience, the new crown (in most cases) is not as bold in color as the original crown. I hope this helps.
  8. Nervoustime

Why is my sand hard?

The following information was provided by Randy Holmes-Farley. "It is reasonably common to have sand harden, especially when new. It is not entirely clear whether sand bed hardening is a purely physical process involving calcium carbonate deposition (or other minerals) that cements...
  9. Nervoustime

Why is my sand hard?

Is this a new setup? Do you use kalkwasser?
  10. Nervoustime

My Sps coral reef

Very nice setup!!! Your ATB is pulling out a lot of gunk. :)
  11. Nervoustime

Elos 120XL Journey

I have a few fish in the display tank now. For the past three months, the Elos was fallow, so I am very excited with the new additions. Currently, I have three of my favorites swimming around. They are as follows: Bodianus sepiacaudus (Peppermint Hogfish) Assessor flavissimus (Gold...
  12. Nervoustime

Oh lordy lord, worst nightmare possibly?

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Where are you located, and how big is your tank?
  13. Nervoustime

Elos 120XL Journey

It has been a while since I updated this thread. After transferring the fish from my Oceanic Tech tank to the Elos tank, I had some issues. So, I removed all of the fish and started to treat them in a separate tank. As a result, the Elos tank has been fallow for about 9 weeks now. Some of...
  14. Nervoustime

A. Latezonatus clowns

You have done a fantastic job with the pair. They look beautiful and healthy. :)
  15. Nervoustime

Chalice and Acan question?!

IMO, it is best to start both of these corals in the bottom of the tank. If they receive too much light, they could start to bleach. As time goes by, you can start to move them a little higher in your tank. As far as flow, moderate to low flow seems to work the best, IMO. If they have too...
  16. Nervoustime

looking for lion fish info

Here is a little bit of information. Welcome to RS!!! Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Volitan Lionfish, Colored
  17. Nervoustime

Check Out My New Bongo Shrimp Pair!

Very cool!!! Congrats on the new guys.
  18. Nervoustime

Fox Face Rabbitfish problems

The Foxface is very skiddish in general. If the fish is eating well, I would not worry about it. As he becomes more comfortable in your tank, he will come out more often. Has the fish kept its bright colors?
  19. Nervoustime

Reef Geek

I have dealt with Greg a few times. He has always been very helpful. Highly recommend Reef Geek.
  20. Nervoustime

Happy Birthday Travis!!!

I hope that you have a great Birthday!!!! :)