Search results

1. D

Unknown Algae on Live Rock

I need help identifying these algae that is growing over one of my live rocks and starting to kill some of my coral. It's a tough leather-like algae. I pulled some off but it is too difficult to peel it all away. Not sure what it could be but it is continuing to grow. Any help would be...
  2. D

Chiller for RSM S-650

Hello, I am in need of a new chiller for my RSM S-650. I previously had a JDJ Artica 1/4 chiller but it has stopped working. I actually believe it has stopped working for some time now but now the temps are continuously rising. I have a fan cooling it some but of course, the fan option is not...
  3. D

Strange Marks on Picasso Clowns?

Hello All, I have two clowns in quarantine after my display tank crashed and they are the only survivors. They have been in the 20 gallon tank since August. I checked the ammonia and it reads at 0 and I have have 0 nitrates and nitrites. Salinity is at 1.025. Any idea what this could be...
  4. D

Help with Over Dosed Reef Tank with NOPOX

Hello all, I need some help and advice. I woke up this morning and discovered my dose dumped half a bottle of NOPOX into my 175 gallon reef tank. It appears that i have some type of bacteria/algae bloom as the water is a milky color. Unfortunately I lost my yellow tang, anthias, sailfin...
  5. D

Brain Coral sick?

Good Morning to all, I've had a green open brain coral for almost a month now and I just noticed two growths on it this morning (see the attached photo) There was also a long white stringy thing coming out of it as you can see as well. Could this be a parasite of some sort? Is it sick? Has...
  6. D

Steve's LED and Bluefish Controller Help

So I finally upgraded to the Steve's LED and I purchased the Bluefish Controller based on recommendations from Steve's LED. I've sent them a help request but they are closed so hopefully someone here can assist. I have connected the Bluefish to my 99% RSM S 650 but the LEDs will not turn on. I...
  7. D

New Skimmer for RSM S-650

Hello all, Well I'm thinking of upgrading my skimmer. I'm not happy with the skimmate its producing. I've had it running now for over 5 months and it still only produces a very wet skim. I was looking for something that would fit in my sump area without modifications. A couple I was...
  8. D

datahoe New Red Sea Max 650

Hello All, I'm new to this so please be easy with me. So I received my 650 a couple weeks ago and was finally able to get it put together. I want to first give a big thanks to Scott from Red Sea and Fish Tanks Direct for helping get my tank. Scott has been the best and I wouldn't be here...