Brain Coral sick?

datahoe

Good Morning to all,

I've had a green open brain coral for almost a month now and I just noticed two growths on it this morning (see the attached photo) There was also a long white stringy thing coming out of it as you can see as well. Could this be a parasite of some sort? Is it sick? Has me a little concerned. My tank isn't new and has been running for a while. below are my parameters:

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
Phosphate: .362 ( know its high and trying to get it down. Using NOPOX)
Calcium: 425
Alkalinity: 9.4
Magnesium: 1250
Salinity: 1.025
PH: 8.2
Lighting: Steve's LED for RSM S-650

Not sure what is going on but I would like to try and address it as soon as possible. I'm working phosphates down. I have not observed anything near it during the day or at night so don't think something is picking at it. Any ideas?IMG_2467.JPG

mr_tap_water

Hi there
Your mag is a bit on the low side to and would aim for around 1350 or thereabouts,
IMO it's best to use a phos media/reducer to help get the phos down rather than leave it to Nopox to do that side of the job even though The red Sea instructions advise against it,
your find most people use one type or another phos media to assist Nopox just don't let it go below 0.03 as nopox needs a certain amount of phos to work properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk