Steve's LED and Bluefish Controller Help

datahoe

So I finally upgraded to the Steve's LED and I purchased the Bluefish Controller based on recommendations from Steve's LED. I've sent them a help request but they are closed so hopefully someone here can assist. I have connected the Bluefish to my 99% RSM S 650 but the LEDs will not turn on. I have disconnected the dimmer switches that were previously on the drivers. Should I have left those on? Am I missing a step? I have the Bluefish set to PWM and the jumpers set away from the CTS as stated in the manual. Should I have used the 0-10V presets? I do not want to change setting with risk of damaging the unit. Any help would be appreciated. I tested the lights with the dimmer switches and all worked so I'm thinking I have something wrong now. I have everything plugged into the correct locations as indicated on the installation manual.

datahoe

Is there anyone with experience setting up the Bluefish controller? Seems I may be the only one who is using this controller and most have either used the typhoon or completely moved to the Apex, which I am thinking about doing myself.

SpencerShepard

Hi, Spencer with Bluefish here. You can shake your phone/tablet at any time with the app open to send us your questions. Or email me directly spencer@blueworldaquariums.com, I am happy to help.

For Steve's drivers, set the Bluefish voltage selection jumpers to 5V, and choose PWM for Quick Setup (this is default, even if you skip Quick Setup). I believe the most common issue when using with these drivers is hooking into the manual dimmer ports. You should instead connect like this: http://www.stevesleds.com/uploads/Bluefish_to_RSM500_and_RSM650.pdf

I hope that helps. If you still have issues, please contact me directly. Or if you prefer we have a support forum elsewhere. I'm not sure of RS's policies on linking to other forums, but it is accessible under the support section of our website.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hi Spencer,

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif