Search results

1. A

MBI workshop 2013 !!!

Don't miss your chance! MASM and the MBI are pleased to announce the 4th Annual Marine Breeder's Workshop! The only marine aquarium conference dedicated SOLELY to captive breeding. The Workshop will be held at the Cranbrook Institute of Science in Bloomfield Hills, MI on Saturday...
  2. A

MASM frag swap @ Gibralter! 04.27.13 Michigan

We are getting together on the east side this time! Come check out the new venue Gibralter in Mt. Clemens Mi. There will be food and drinks available on site. Amazing corals from our outstanding vendors and deals all day long. More details to come soon! :)
  3. A

Help

I would correct the salinity, and retest the n02. How old are the T-5 bulbs? AJ :)
  4. A

My Battle - Reef ;) Pics of course :wave:

Very nice looking reef! The AIs are impressive fixtures. What do you like most about them? I need to clean out my sump, take out all the rock and sand. I bet you were thrilled to get to the bottom of the skimmer issue. That has to help.
  5. A

Best Ballast(s) For 4 T12VHO bulbs

Good to hear they are working out on your father-inlaws tank. :)
  6. A

Reef Apprentices 90g test run

Perhaps, but you could keep it for a year or two (growing it out) and trade it in when it gets large. :)
  7. A

You could get a sailfin tang , they are rumored to eat bubble algae. Plus they are way cool! :)
  8. A

Best Ballast(s) For 4 T12VHO bulbs

How are the ballasts working out for you?
  9. A

Hello!

Hi there jreefer! Glad to have you here on Reef Sanctuary! I like the sounds of your nano. Tell us more about it!
  10. A

Tank turned 49 this year

Great photography! Thank you for sharing your success! It's always nice to see fish so vibrantly healthy! :)
  11. A

clamp question...

You are welcome! They look like a handy clamp to have around. :) I have a few around that are similar.
  12. A

clamp question...

What about one of these...
  13. A

Skimmers

Welcome to Reef Sanctuary Nikki! For your skimmer question, you may want to get a larger skimmer for that system. Usually people try to get a skimmer that is rated for a larger volume than they actually have. Some additional live rock may help as well. When you get the chance...
  14. A

Obligatory introduction from a newbie.

Hi Bill! Welcome to Reef Sanctuary! You will find plenty of help in your surrender to the dark side. :P ( which is strangely far brighter) On a sump choice, I like to get one that is large enough to easily handle excess water, in the event of a power outage. Another consideration is...
  15. A

Newbie in Reef Sanctuary

Sounds like you made the right choice. Keep us posted on your progress with a reef chronicle, and linking it to your avatar. It's a great way to share your build as time goes by.
  16. A

Newbie in Reef Sanctuary

Hi Kevin! You are right. It will be a " smooth ride" around here as there are so many cool , easy going people that like to help. I like the list of equipment. Are you thinking of one or two MP10s ? I have had two harlequin tusks jump out on me, so I would advise a cover for your tank...
  17. A

Best or Personal Favorite Tang for a 125 gallon?

You know that is a good point. If you get a hippo tang, you probably could trade it in to the store when it gets big. There always seems to be a demand for them.
  18. A

Newbie to reef sanctuary.

sicksnoopy71, Although a 250 watt halide is a strong light for a 55 gallon, I wouldn't say it's too strong. You could use a 20k bulb to lessen the intensity if you like. Or is heat the issue? You could place fans on top of your aquarium. If you haven't done it yet, start a reef chronicle...
  19. A

OK. I'll be cleaning my overflow this weekend!
  20. A

75 Gallon Reef

Great looking start! There are a few people here going GARF. It makes me smile as it's kinda an old school thing. Nothing wrong with that just don't here that name so often anymore.