Search results

1. 2455coop

Choosing a Clown Fish

Somewhere I read an article abouth the different types of clown fish adn their personalities. I need to know which type is the most docile and the best for a reef aquarium. If anybody can help me I would apperciate it.
  2. 2455coop

OT: iphone

So how many of you reefers has sold their aquariums to purchase the new iphone:hammerhea
  3. 2455coop

Mola

My brother just called and told me about the week long diving trip he had off the coast of California. :drooool: It was a traing class on how to identify classes of fish. ...:read: He ask me if I heard of a Sunfish. they are also called a Mola.... I didn't...so he sent me a link...
  4. 2455coop

Replacing my MH Bulbs

It is once again time to replace the bulbs in my tank.:contract: Champion Lighting has 4 brands. Aqualine Buschke Ushio Blue Line XM Does anybody have experiance with any of these brands. :wave:
  5. 2455coop

Bristle worms

So..... I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the sand box( getting old is the pits)...I broke out my trusty flashlight and found that I have quite a few bristle worms in my tank...:help: I'm now looking for something to put in my tank to help eat them without destoying the tank or...
  6. 2455coop

Gobies

Have been wanting a sand sifting goby for a while. I have narrowed my choice between two gobies. Sleeper Gold Head Goby (Valencienna strigata) Up to 7" Diamond Watchman Goby (Valencienna puellaris) Up to 6" Has anyboby had any experiance with these two. What are the pros and...
  7. 2455coop

reverse photosynthesis device???

I have had a total misunderstanding of the word REFUGIUM for quite a while now. After much reading I now understand the word and my tank. A refugium is an extension of the main show tank. It is derived from the word refuge. A place where docile fish and inverts have a place to be without fear...
  8. 2455coop

Lighting

I am in the market for a new light...Has anybody had an experiance with Ice Cap ballasts?:meeting: I'm looking at buying a 2x48" VHO:happywalk
  9. 2455coop

Nitrates

I have been freakin out for the last 4 months because my nitrates have been at 40 ppm. Nothing I did made the nitrates chnge. From water changes to cleaning the whole tank. So...as I was talking to the LFS, They asked if the water I was changing the tank with was ok... I told them it was r/o...
  10. 2455coop

Nitrates

I understand the aquarium cycle... :confused:...But have a problem with nitrates. :help: How does one help the tank get rid of excess nitrates. Is there a product that helps turn nitrates to a gas that is then removed from the tank...:help1: I am doing frequent water changes..But still...
  11. 2455coop

So many queations????

I am running a 70 gal DAS. I have removed the sponge filter from the overflow box because of nitrates. At the top of the overflow box , just inside, I took a piece of plexi-glass and drilled holes in it and placed it on the down flow tube. On top of this I have placed blue filter pads. The...
  12. 2455coop

Howdy

Just trying to figure out how to kill a reef faster... Ya know... So the little critters won't suffer... Sike...