So many queations????

2455coop

I am running a 70 gal DAS. I have removed the sponge filter from the overflow box because of nitrates. At the top of the overflow box , just inside, I took a piece of plexi-glass and drilled holes in it and placed it on the down flow tube. On top of this I have placed blue filter pads. The wet-dry under the tank has been converted to a refuguim.:drown:

So the questions i have are:

1. I get the sock thing. Is there a device that the sock goes in?

2. The refugium light. I have grape Calerpa cause it killed evey thing else. Do you run the lights on a 24 hr cycle or a 12 hr cycle? Why?

3. What are sliversides and where do you get them? And how do you use them

4. What is the best thing to feed you corals? Right now am using frozen mysis,phytoplankton,oyster eggs, and DT's. Using a turkey baster to blow on the corals. Am doing this twice a week with the sump pump turned off.

Ok...I guess thats enough questions for now

Bill

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Oh Bill.I to had queations, but it went away lol. some socks have plastic rings,some have drawstrings, the object is to make the water go thru the sock not splash out, so mounting is anyay you can. now in all fairness as there are so few queations asked on weekends I will leave some for others ok?? Steve
Too be or not to be that is the qeation

ReefGuy69

Mount the sock anyway that works. Just remember to clean it out every week. Sometimes having 2-4 as spares make it easier when it comes to cleaning if you lazy like some of us.

As far as the refugium lighting every one does it different. The way I plan on doing it is having the refugium lights run on an opposite schedule as my main lights. This should help keep the PH a little more balance.

I always fed my corals CoralVite by Kent. I did it the same way as you. I tried to do it Every Day, if not every other day. This time around i'm going to make a clear acrylic box that has a tiny hole in it to squirt the liquid into and have it float and stay with the coral for sometime. I think i will get better target feeding this way with healthier bigger coral growth.

I cant help ya with Sliversides? Are you talking about the minnows? When fishing we call minows Silversides. If thats what you are referenceing then your local seafood shop or grocery store should have those.

theskunk

silversides are bassically minnows...decided to go with the bad spelling....i keep my fuge lights on 24 i also have grape and i dont want it to go sexual i plan to switch to chiton soon

2455coop

Sooooooooo...Can you feed corals chopped siversides....or maybe chopped uncooked shrimp. If I chopped them I would use my stick blender to pulverize them.

Bill

"If there are no stupid queations, then what kind of queations do stupid people ax? Do they get smart just in time to ax queations"

coop most corals cannot eat large foods like you are tryin to feed and the ones that do seem like there eating will most likely spit it out absorbing very little from the food. for corals if u must feed try frozen rotifers or frozen cyclopezze much smaller and more likely to be caught/digested

you should concider top notch water quality and keeping updated bulbs for a high quality spectrum thats what grows corals the quickest

good luck

silver sides should be fed to anemones, lionfish, and moray eels, chunks can be fed to fish or shrimp maybe some lps (Ex. Open brain) also some button pollops and zoos can eat chopped fish but i think there most likely to spit it out while your not looking.