Choosing a Clown Fish

2455coop

Somewhere I read an article abouth the different types of clown fish adn their personalities. I need to know which type is the most docile and the best for a reef aquarium. If anybody can help me I would apperciate it.

mps9506

I think most people will have differing opinions on this, I'm probably not the most qualified to answer this as I haven't kept every single type out there. But in my experience pink skunks were very docile.
Maroons and tomatoes are on the other end of the spectrum. Keep in mind individual fish are just that, individual, you can end up with one totally different than the norm.

CATALYST

My pink clowns are pretty shy. Sometimes they're even afraid of their own shadow. I would say they are really docile.

michael_cb_125

I have an ocellaris clown, he is very timid. Id say thet they are very docile. I have three true perculas and they are all very friendly as well. I have one in my seahorse tank. Not as docile as the ocellaris, but pretty close. I also have a gold stripe maroon. She is pretty laid back as far as maroons go. She never bothers anyone, unless they land in her anemone. But all fish are different some are just mean, others are big babies.

2455coop

The maroon I had was a killer....I think I might go for an ocellaris...Have to see if my other half likes what they look like

BrianCM

I would go with a percula or a ocellaris clown they are both very peaceful and in my experience it is not hard to get them to host an anemone. :)