Search results

1. david42

Exploding RO Canister

Just had the sediment filter housing canister Explode right off the RO unit. I turned the pump on, turned my back, and Bam! Blew right off the threads, down into the sink .
  2. david42

Dirty sump

I do a water change once a week. Once a month I remove the sump for cleaning. The skimmer and return pump get cleaned as well. Filter socks are changed daily . The next day it all looks like this .
  3. david42

Ro/DI not working after upgrade

I have a Coralife Pure Flo 2 ro unit. In the past I added; Hm Digital Dual in line tds meter, Aquatec cdp 8800 booster pump, and a DI Chamber. The inline tds meter checks the water Before and After the DI Chamber. Things were going ok until I noticed the sediment filter was getting yellow and...
  4. david42

Snail shell drilling worm

Not sure what type of worm this is. Found it today. Tried to pull it off snail with tweezers. It retracted down into hole it had made in snail shell. Hope I don't have more. Anyone have ID?
  5. david42

Worms around Pistol Shrimp lair?

Picture is taken looking up at bottom of tank. The cleared out spots are from my Pistol Shrimp. All around these spots are things that look to me like worms. I have yet to see one move. Anyone have any ideas?
  6. david42

Freezing RO Membrane between uses

Just read a couple interesting threads where it was suggested that you need to remove your Ro Membrane and place it in the freezer between use. The argument was that there is a lot of bad bacteria that lives in the membrane. It also said that back flushing was a waste of time. Wanted to know if...
  7. david42

anyone else have trouble with Bulk Reef Supply not sending all of order?

I Placed an order with Bulk Reef Supply for; RO Filter Pump Kit, Sink Diverter Kit, the extra thread fittings, Inline TDS Meter, and 10 Pounds of dry rock rubble. All together cost a little above $200.00. I received 2 boxes. I opened the first box and was very happy with the quality of the...
  8. david42

David42's 75 gallon

Started the tank up in March. I've been following along on the forum for a while. Just figured out how to post pics using tapatalk, duh. Will see what I can do to get caught up. Started with live rock from a previous tank. Let everything stabilize for a couple months with only a cleanup crew.
  9. david42

Silly string

Looks just like silly string. A type of algae?
  10. david42

Any Whovians?

Did anyone catch the 50th Anniversary Special on Saturday? It really explains why Christopher's 9th (now 10th) Doctor was so angry. No More!
  11. david42

Permanent discount?

I had a link to a post that said use coupon code "reefsanctuary" for a 15% discount. When trying to place order, website says code not found.
  12. david42

Snails get hitchhikers too

13. david42

Where is this ammonia coming from

I got a new 75 gallon reef ready combo with an eshoppes wet dry filter. I started with55 pounds of live rock from an existing aquarium ..added new live sand. I did weekly water changes for two months before adding a clean up crew. A few weeks later I saw I had a dead turbo snail. Tested the...
  14. david42

hello

just wanted to say hello. although this is my first post, i have been coming here for over a year. when I had questions i would do a generic web search. seems like most of the time, the helpful answers were here. i haven't had to post any threads because i would search the forums first. usually...