anyone else have trouble with Bulk Reef Supply not sending all of order?

david42

I Placed an order with Bulk Reef Supply for; RO Filter Pump Kit, Sink Diverter Kit, the extra thread fittings, Inline TDS Meter, and 10 Pounds of dry rock rubble. All together cost a little above $200.00.

I received 2 boxes. I opened the first box and was very happy with the quality of the rock. Very nice pieces. However, I was horrified when I realised that all the second box contained was more rock rubble. I was missing the rest of the order! No packing slip or invoice. I checked the email they sent, only had one tracking number.

So i sent an email explaining that the most expensive parts of my order were not here.
The response was, "Here is your tracking # UPS shows it was delivered Yesterday"

I had to write back. Explain again, i only received 2 boxes of rock rubble. I waited about 8 hours with no response.

Got to work decided to call them before my shift started. I explained what had happened. gave the order number and I was informed again that UPS says 2 boxes were delivered Yesterday. So I said, "I am sorry, I just explained to you that i received 2 boxes with Only rock" Made me wonder if the guy was listening. After about a ten minute conversation he says, "That's weird" Then he tells me that he will get with packing and shipping and see if he can figure it out. Says he will email me that night with what he finds out. Almost 24 hours later I had no response.

I send another email asking for an update. Response was "Sorry fo delay with getting back to you. but it looks like someone else took care of your problem"
I replied with "No, they did not. I still know nothing about missing items'
So then i get email saying shipment is on the way. I replied and asked what happened with order, some tracking information, or some idea when to expect items. I was told that there was "another error where shipment wasn't placed in ready status after the phone conversation"

Anyway, after a mishadled shipment, a phone call and numerous emails, they made a second mistake with the same order? Is this common with this company? All I really want is to be given the things I pay for when they say I will get them. Customer service seemed a little lacking. Not sure how many times I had to say or write "I received 2 boxes. Box 1 had a bag of rock rubble. Box 2 also had a bag of rock rubble. That is all"
Is this company worth giving a second chance? Or is this the standard service?

ziggy

I Placed an order with Bulk Reef Supply for; RO Filter Pump Kit, Sink Diverter Kit, the extra thread fittings, Inline TDS Meter, and 10 Pounds of dry rock rubble. All together cost a little above $200.00.

I received 2 boxes. I opened the first box and was very happy with the quality of the rock. Very nice pieces. However, I was horrified when I realised that all the second box contained was more rock rubble. I was missing the rest of the order! No packing slip or invoice. I checked the email they sent, only had one tracking number.

So i sent an email explaining that the most expensive parts of my order were not here.
The response was, "Here is your tracking # UPS shows it was delivered Yesterday"

I had to write back. Explain again, i only received 2 boxes of rock rubble. I waited about 8 hours with no response.

Got to work decided to call them before my shift started. I explained what had happened. gave the order number and I was informed again that UPS says 2 boxes were delivered Yesterday. So I said, "I am sorry, I just explained to you that i received 2 boxes with Only rock" Made me wonder if the guy was listening. After about a ten minute conversation he says, "That's weird" Then he tells me that he will get with packing and shipping and see if he can figure it out. Says he will email me that night with what he finds out. Almost 24 hours later I had no response.

I send another email asking for an update. Response was "Sorry fo delay with getting back to you. but it looks like someone else took care of your problem"
I replied with "No, they did not. I still know nothing about missing items'
So then i get email saying shipment is on the way. I replied and asked what happened with order, some tracking information, or some idea when to expect items. I was told that there was "another error where shipment wasn't placed in ready status after the phone conversation"

Anyway, after a mishadled shipment, a phone call and numerous emails, they made a second mistake with the same order? Is this common with this company? All I really want is to be given the things I pay for when they say I will get them. Customer service seemed a little lacking. Not sure how many times I had to say or write "I received 2 boxes. Box 1 had a bag of rock rubble. Box 2 also had a bag of rock rubble. That is all"
Is this company worth giving a second chance? Or is this the standard service?

It'a always tough working with customer service over the phone at a far away distance.

I have not heard negative tings about BRS and if anything almost all were positive.

Wondering if taking a photo of both boxes with their conten would have made it cleare for them to see your situation right off the bat.

david42

It'a always tough working with customer service over the phone at a far away distance.

I have not heard negative tings about BRS and if anything almost all were positive.

Wondering if taking a photo of both boxes with their conten would have made it cleare for them to see your situation right off the bat.

My first contact with them was an email. I wrote that I received 2 boxes of rock. Then I listed the items I was missing.
The responding email just said "here is your tracking #. Ups says it was delivered yesterday."

DaveK

I've got to say that I have ordered multiple times from Bulk Reef Supply and never had an issue with them. I consider them one of the suppliers of choice when I purchase aquarium supplies online.

Yes, many customer service today is often not what you want, but consider that the order was placed just before the holidays, and most likely they have a lot of extra, not to experienced help. I think they will resolve your problem, but you got to give them aome time to respond and to look into things. The large online suppliers are massive operations, not some mom and pop operation. They need some time to figure out what went wrong.

Tradewinds

+1 on the photo of both boxes.

I had a shipment that was missing one part of the two part additive. I called them and they shipped it out that day.

It may also have something to do with the Christmas rush.

saltfan

Have ordered many many times and never a prob. But there not perfect and im sure they have order that go out wrong, and some employees that dont care just like every business.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Same here, many orders and never a problem. One time I did email customer service with a product question and they got back to me in a few hours. Sorry to hear this, hope they get the order to you quickly.

Mike Johnson

BRS has always treated me right. But everyone makes mistakes. I'm sure that they will clear it up even if it's at their expense.

....Is this company worth giving a second chance? Or is this the standard service?

Sounds like a case of overworked and underpaid seasonal help. I'd take it on the chin since BRS does offer good prices and educational videos.

Sorry for your issues, I'm sure once you get a hold of the right people you'll get it handled. They should just need to do a quick inventory cross check to verify your claim.

Again, not to make light of your situation and I'm no fanboy for any company but tis the season (for mistakes) and all that jazz :wave:

reefle

I ordered a bunch of stuff from them during black friday and everything cam in except my most expensive item, a Tunze ATO system. I had to email them as well and they shipped it several days later. Other than that, I've only had good experiences with them.

david42

I understand that mistakes happen. What irritates me, is the first person I contacted just said "UPS says it was delivered."
Seems like they didn't read my email. Then the second person said they were going to fix the problem and get back with me. They did neither of those. It took another email to find out what was going on.
I just checked UPS website. Order is on its way, again.Hope the rest the items are there.
It is good to know this seems to be an isolated incident.

Choff

Sorry for your troubles man. I would chalk this up as a holiday misque. Personally BRS is my goto shop with marine Depot second. I have easily placed 50 offers or more with them and have not had a single issue. Of course now I just jinxed myself. :)

Still, lots of other shops out there if you feel burned by these guys.

...stupid auto correct