David42's 75 gallon

david42

Started the tank up in March. I've been following along on the forum for a while. Just figured out how to post pics using tapatalk, duh. Will see what I can do to get caught up.
avarydar.jpg

Started with live rock from a previous tank.
use8e5yr.jpg

Let everything stabilize for a couple months with only a cleanup crew.

david42

I knew I wanted a Yellow Watchman Goby and a Pistol Shrimp from the beginning, so I got them first. Wanted to make sure they were nice and happy before adding anything else.
za7agyba.jpg

hubajyby.jpg

Couple months later got a couple Mocha Clownfish.
e9eresu9.jpg

david42

Update on livestock.
I started with the Yellow Watchman Goby and Pistol Shrimp.
A month later added the 2 Mocha Clownfish. A month after that I got a Foxface Rabbitfish and a Tiger Striped Goby.
Things seemed ok until I noticed the Yellow Watchman Goby was missing. Waited a month or so and got another one, with a Lawnmower Blenny.
The new YWG took over the clay pot for my clownfish for a couple days. Now he's found the Pistol Shrimp and seems happy.

david42

Looks very nice! What are the plans for the future?

Thanks. I think I am done stocking for now. Still trying to get the kinks out. I am on well water now, was running RO filter without a DI Resin for awhile. Not a good thing. Developed some algae. I've added the DI. I just ordered a pump and a 2 line TDS meter. For now I would like to kick the algae.

david42

ybuvyjyr.jpg

After 5 days of crashing the Clownfish "house", my new Yellow Watchman Goby found my PistolShrimp. Looks like they are best friends already. Wish I knew what happened to the first one.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Cheers for starting a tank thread :yehoo:
Are you planning to add corals?
Following along with Best Wishes for continued success :thumbup:

david42

Cheers for starting a tank thread :yehoo:
Are you planning to add corals?
Following along with Best Wishes for continued success :thumbup:

Yes, DianaKay I am planning on adding corals. I was looking at a thread here to decide what type. I was thinking about the type that do not require a lot of extra time. The well water here is very hard. Hoping my pump for my Ro and the inline TDS meter will help me control the water I put in better.
Thinking about getting a big RO system for the whole house.
So far all I've seen at Home Depot were the ones that need filter changes. I have enough changing those out on the small RO.
Will try and keep thread updated. Thanks for reading.

david42

Not sure what to do with this wet dry filter, wish it was a sump thing.
e8anena2.jpg

Figured out early on that the bio balls were garbage.
Using my hang on back skimmer down below. The PVC is there because the sound of the water dropping that far was driving me nuts.
Having the same problem on the other side where the bio balls used to be. Lots of trickling water noise.
The filter pads need cleaned out every day. Once I rinse them off I am worried that they are breaking apart. Was thinking about trying to mod it to take filter socks that can withstand cleaning better. When cleaning pad I always find some dwarf certiths or pods. It gets lots of detritus build up. It's a pain to take everything out to get clean. Thought about getting some rock rubble and trying to turn this into a fuge.

david42

Pods and a side salad?
hape9yhe.jpg

yvarubut.jpg

upu7e8yh.jpg

Thinking its going to be a nightmare seperating all the garbage from the Pods. Did they pack the pods a lunch?

david42

Pod Salad worked out ok. Dumped everything in a container with some tank water. Picked out just the big pieces of greens. Then introduced Pods like normal.

david42

It's my big Sea Hare, with his head buried in the sand.
Every morning when I get home from work I enjoy searching the tank for his new sleeping spot. He's either buried halfway in the sand, or hiding in the rocks.
ahavyzy7.jpg