Search results

1. MarbleShark

Help with Timeline of Actions...

90g Saltwater Tank adventure.. when I was active on this site before I had a 55 gallon with an overflow and that lasted a while but too many moves killed it and I have been itching to get back into the swing of things... I have been adding things and what you do not see pictured in the...
  2. MarbleShark

HELP! Powerhead Advice Needed Please

Hey there.. ok so I am trying to get everything set up.. but I want to have all of my ducks in a row before I get water and start cycling... this question is on powerheads.. I want to get one and put them on either side of my 90g tank. I want to know though what strength to get? do I get 2 of...
  3. MarbleShark

Looking for DIYer

Any DIYer in the Florida area looking to make some extra cash? I need a hood made for my 90 gallon and I am really bad at things like that.
  4. MarbleShark

HELP! Lighting Question Please?

Ok.. so I have a choice between 2 light set ups. Opinions are welcome please. My tank is a 90 gallon saltwater that will eventually have coral and such in it. Here is a picture of the tank.. Option A) I have 2 of these.. http://reefradiance.com/starfire.html It is actually the model...
  5. MarbleShark

Filtration Debate!

Ok so I am curious about the group's opinion on this... Cannister Filter or Sump for say.. 90g Saltwater Reef tank. Ready.... GO!
  6. MarbleShark

Coming Back To This Hobby!

Greetings everyone! I used to be on here quite frequently and then I had a meltdown when I moved and then a cracked tank at another location followed by a now ex-wife who was not supportive of my hobby. My current fiance surprised me with a 90 gallon pre-drilled glass tank with lights and...
  7. MarbleShark

48" LED Light Fixture Help????

Ok I am looking for the final pieces to put my tank together. Trying to decide now on the lighting system. Here is what I need... ~ I need a fixture.. nothing can hang from ceiling or the wall. ~ Timer not needed for the night and daytime lights (have a separate nighttime strip I can use...
  8. MarbleShark

Away from Sump

Ok... so I am trying to compromise at the moment since I finally have my tank up and running at the moment. I have a 55 gallon 48 wide tank. Seems pretty standard. I started off with one similar to this one when I first registered with a while ago. I have moved to 3 different cities from...
  9. MarbleShark

Getting back into this...

I started out with you guys 6 years ago when I got my first 55 gallon.. then I moved cities.. had a meltdown lost everything except a yellowtail goby who has since changed sexes and is now not yellow anymore (I read about this extensively as I was shocked by this) and am getting back my 55...
  10. MarbleShark

Clean Up Crew Suggestions...

Ok I have a Nano tank that has been running for a year and a half.. It has 2 Clownfish, an Emerald Crab, 3 Astrae Snails, and a Yellow Watchmen Goby in it. No coral yet. Can you give me any suggestions for additional cleanup crew? Snails seems to be taking care of all the hair algae the only...
  11. MarbleShark

Yellow Watchmen Goby Help?

I have a yellow watchmen goby that was bright yellow.. I had to move and left my aquarium in the care of a friend of mine for the past year and when I come back I find that he is not yellow anymore but a tan color with brown bands on him. Is something seriously wrong with him? He eats fine and...
  12. MarbleShark

Protein Skimmer and Heater Questions...

I had a nice 55 gallon which suffered a meltdown when I moved from Tampa to Sarasota.. then there was another leak in the new tank which somehow caused all my fish to die except the Yellow Watchman Goby I have had for years. So for christmas I received So I am wondering if anyone has...
  13. MarbleShark

Restocking..

One thing that sucks about moving. I had to go to new fish stores. I must have picked up a virus or something because I lost all of my fish except my Yellow Watchman goby. It had to have been a virus. All of my levels are good. It is not ick. That was a few months ago. I since added a...
  14. MarbleShark

Schooling Fish?

Ok.. it has been a long time since I posted. I have since moved a couple of times. My tank is now settled and looking to stock it up some more. It seems.. Empty... What I have in there now... 2 True Perculas 1 Blue Chromis 1 Foxface Rabbittfish 1 Blue Hippo Tang 1 Diamond Goby 1...
  15. MarbleShark

Possible Problem or OK?

Ok I am curious about something. I have a nice pink tube anemone in my tank. I am going to be getting a Rose BTA and a pair of True Percs on the 15th for my birthday. Is there any chance that the Percs will try mating with the Tube Anenome and get eaten in the process or are they smart enough...
  16. MarbleShark

Copperbanded Butterfly

Can anyone tell me their experience with this guy? It says reef safe but just want to be sure. I know that every fish is different just like every person is different.. I am just looking for experiences and opinions.
  17. MarbleShark

Help Me Pick Please?!

Ok everyone.. I want an Anenome that will host True Percs as those are the “Nemo” clownfish that my girlfriend wants in the tank.. I have decent flow and moderate light setup (T5 216watts). My tank is a 55 Gallon that is 48 long. I have Zoas that are doing well in the tank and such. My...
  18. MarbleShark

Sad Loss.

Ok I was not having a problem with my fish so I took the pool screen that I had over my overflow off and things have been going great. I have not had to rescue anyone from the overflow or anything. I was happy. Then... This morning I feed them and I see that my small Hippo tang is not...
  19. MarbleShark

Emerald Crabs?

Ok I am just curious if anyone who has actually had Emerald Crabs have any opinions? I am debating on getting one or two and was looking for opinions. Did you see them harm anything in your tank and if so what? Thanks!
  20. MarbleShark

Aqua C Remora Help Please!

Ok.. I am going to get the Aqua C Remora Pro Skimmer and was wondering about something.. what is the Drain Fitting? purpose? I am just wondering if the extra money needs to be spent on it. Here is the link although I will not be getting it from them.. I am going to be checking out one...