HELP! Lighting Question Please?

MarbleShark

Ok.. so I have a choice between 2 light set ups. Opinions are welcome please.

My tank is a 90 gallon saltwater that will eventually have coral and such in it. Here is a picture of the tank..

90Gallon2.jpg

Option A)

I have 2 of these.. http://reefradiance.com/starfire.html It is actually the model right before it that is not as programmable but the wattage and the LED are exactly the same. they have never been used.

Option B)

This came with the tank...

17098081_10154127721192583_6678998174221804146_o.jpg

Please let me know what you think.

Pat24601

I think the reef radiance are good lights for reef tanks. Among other things, they are 14,000k spectrum, which is great.

I'm pretty sure the Aqueon are freshwater lights at 6,500k spectrum, unless there is something I'm missing.

So, for a reef tank, you want the reef radiance. I haven't used them, but I think they have good reputation for being good reef lights.

DaveK

The Aqueon light you got with the tank is something I'd see if I could return for some small credit. It's about useless over a reef.

The Reef Radiance Starfires you have is would be a good place to start, since you already have them. Since they can't be programmed and since you only have two of an older sesign, long term you many find them a bit limited. At that point consider replacing them.

MarbleShark

Thanks I have already emailed the store and should be able to get $100 store credit for the lights. I can use that towards the water/live rock/sand I will be getting.