Getting back into this...

MarbleShark

I started out with you guys 6 years ago when I got my first 55 gallon.. then I moved cities.. had a meltdown lost everything except a yellowtail goby who has since changed sexes and is now not yellow anymore (I read about this extensively as I was shocked by this) and am getting back my 55 gallon tonight. I have kept my live rock in a saltwater bath with a pump all the while for the past years while I have not had a tank and checked the water from time to time and it is good. I am going to start slowly though and am putting this new addition in my Chicago Bear man-cave. Hence I need some ideas for some themed items. I know there are many purists out there, but I am just asking for opinions. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on types of items or if I show something if that is toxic or will become toxic over time?

Here is one suggestion that my wife gave me...

http://www.gnomefanatics.com/NFL_Chicago_Bears_Lawn_And_Garden/Chicago_Bears_NFL_Garden_Gnome
thumb.aspx

Any feedback would be appreciated. I am very happy to be back!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

Back to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Good luck with the restart and new build, no clue on the toxicity of the paint on the nome (Hand-painted resin figurine), might PM the seller & ask him for some details on the paint.

ReefLady

Staff member
Tough to say but you can always give it a shot and have some activated carbon ready, and consider it your first suspect if things start looking unhappy!

That's quite the task keeping rock in water for that long.

I kept my 180 running with rock for a couple years and it was a royal pain with no real reward... glad you're diving back in!