Restocking..

MarbleShark

One thing that sucks about moving. I had to go to new fish stores. I must have picked up a virus or something because I lost all of my fish except my Yellow Watchman goby. It had to have been a virus. All of my levels are good. It is not ick. That was a few months ago. I since added a couple of damsels and they have survived so I feel I am ready to start stocking my tank again. I have about $100 to spend. Can you tell me what type of selection I can get to maximize the money and the quantity? Looking for a good mix of color and such as right now the only thing I have in the tank is the yellow watchman and 2 blue damsels.

Think you all could help me come up with some ideas? Pictures would be grateful of your suggestions as well so I can show my gf.

~Norm

Luukosian

Use that 100 and pick up a quarantine tank lol.....if your set on getting fish it is really up to personal taste and what kind of fish you like. There is plenty to choose from.

MarbleShark

Ah I should have said what size tank I have.. I have a 45 gallon (4 foot wide).. and I have a q tank set up now as well. I wanted to make sure that was set up before I started restocking.

squidy

Norm - I have a 44 gallon and just went thru the same thing. I lost everything to velvet except my watchman goby. I am waiting 45 days before I introduce new fish and have also learned my lesson regarding a QT. Clowns are a pretty affordable and colorful.

Jeremy0322

You can do clowns, most gobies, if you had a fuge I would say there are a few blennys out there that are cool to watch. I love the black and white clowns, but they are a little on the pricier side for your budget at about 45 a piece before shipping. There are some really cool reef safe wrasses and angels, and firefish are nice and easy aswell, the list really goes on and on, its whatever you want. I wouldnt go with anything Tang wise, too small a tank.

MarbleShark

Clownfish are a good choice..

What are the rules for Clownfish? Do I have to have a mated pair or can I get say 3 or 4?

What other gobies would you all suggest that would get along ok with my Yellow Watchman Goby?