Search results

1. C

Drilling a Innovative Marine mini 38G

Hi All, Nothing bad to say about Nuvo 38. It has been running flawless. Nothing new has been added except for one red Mandarin dragonet. I did loose my torch coral for some reason and was not able to figure out why. Anyways, I am getting ready for some change and I wanted to get some feed...
  2. C

Feeding torch and frogspawn

So once a week i have been feeding my torch and frogspawn. I cut up small slices of shrimp to use. Now after doing this for a month now, it seems they expect it. So cool to watch them pull the slice into their mouth.
  3. C

How much rock in a tank

Any one read this Emulating Nature: The Reef Habitat Tank I am thinking of ditching the love rock and going with the lagoonal approach.
  4. C

Apex Controller and Ramp function

Anyone know if you set up a profile to ramp up the lights such as: Profile Name: AI_W_UP Ramp Time: 120 Start intensity: 0 End intensity: 30 And then you set up an outlet such as: Outlet Name: Sunrise If Time 06:00 to 11:00 Then ON And a another out let such as: Outlet Name...
  5. C

Moving sand, rock and water to new tank

I am switching tanks today to one that is a bit bigger. I am transfering water, sand and rock first then the corals and fish. Does anyone know if this is going to cause problems. I am worried that disturbing the sand bed that is 3 months old will be toxic. Any thoughts?
  6. C

Why do you ....

I've seen alot of great reef tanks here, but i see one thing similar and that is everyone builds their rock on the back wall of the tank. Why do you do this? When i built my cube which is being broken down this week and being replaced with yet a larger tank, i built mine so that the reef was...
  7. C

Pulsing Steel Blue Xenia Coral spreading

Hi All, I have a few (3) stalks of the Pulsing Steel Blue Xenia Coral on a small rock. They have been in my tank for about a month now. Yesterday while scanning the tank, I found that there is another stalk growing on a rock in the middle of the tank. I did not know that Pulsing Steel Blue...
  8. C

Innovative Marine mini 38G

Hi all, I've been looking at the innovative marine mini 38G, and was wondering if anyone here has experience with them. I started with a JBJ 28G LED which had leaking problems,the glass seemed warped and it was not 28 gallons. So that tank is sitting in its box waiting for the company to...
  9. C

FS: Aqua Logic Digital Temperature Controller - Dual Stage tr115dn controller

I have an elecelent working Aqua Logic Digital Temperature Controller - Dual Stage tr115dn controller. I have the Apex so i don't have a need for it. Contorls both a chiller and a heater. I am looking for $110 shipped or $100 picked up. The specs: Aqua Logic Dual Stage Digital Controller...
  10. C

1/15 Prime Chiller and maxi-jet 900 PRO

Hi all, I was wondering how to hook a 1/15 prime chiller up to a nano using a maxi-jet pro. I was thinking that I would use the power head outside the tank rather than in the tanks to avoid extra heat. Anyone know the best way to hook this up? Should the power head pull the water through the...
  11. C

Anemones and clown fish

One think I would like to do with my 4 year old son is have a try at raising a few clown fish in a 30 gallon tank. I'm not sure that in this environment a anemone would be need as the clown fish will be the only ones in this tank. But I wanted to get others thoughts on this. We would...
  12. C

Heater and Apex Lite Controller

Hi all, Quick question. Since I have the apex controlling the heater, should I turn the heater up to something like 85? Also setting the controller to shut it off at 79 and turn it on again at 77.5?
  13. C

aquarium-supply.biz No Bueno !!

IF your out to buy an aquarium maybe you should look in your local area and do avoid aquarium-supply.biz aka Gina's Aquarium Supply, marineandreef.com because it could be a problem. I had a very bad experience with aquarium-supply.biz and their staff was very very rude. Carlos did not seem to...
  14. C

1/4 HP Chiller for a 30 gallon tank

Is a 1/4 HP Chiller for a 30 gallon tank over kill and not recommended?
  15. C

Apex Lite Controller

The Apex Lite Controller came today from Dr. Foster and Smith. What a disappointment. The boxing looks like a company that is just starting out and is using generic boxes. The print work looks like it just came off the bubble jet. The media (CD) came in a sleeve, but the CD was bland.. so...
  16. C

28g JBJ LED Nano Cube or is it really?

Let me know your thoughts on this one. I purchased a 28g JBJ nano, and filled it up the other day using 1 gallon water containers. Started out with 30 of them and had 7 left when the tank was completely filled and the power heads on. Doing the math, this tank is only 23 gallons and not the...
  17. C

28g JBJ LED Nano Cube Build

Hi all, Today I should receive a new 28g JBJ LED Nano Cube and am getting ready to start a mini reef. I have not purchased anything other than the tank and stand at this point, but it did come with the JBJ 28g nano cube protein skimmer kit. My idea is to get this one up and running without...