Search results

1. K

RSM 250 micro bubbles/chiller

Hello all, I had two questions about my RSM 250 that I needed advice with. 1.) The skimmer is producing lots of tiny micro bubbles that are bouncing around in the display. I'm not sure how to fix the issue and I was looking for advice on how to correct it. I have the stock sponge placed...
  2. K

tunze 9006 skimmer (158g rated)

Putting my Tunze 9006 up for sale since I bought a bigger skimmer for my next tank. Skimmer is only 6 1/2 months old and does it's job really well and can fit in the tightest of places, mine inculdes the in sump attachments but I still have all the parts for running as in tank skimmer with no...
  3. K

SSA ES2 cone skimmer (300g rated)

I'm super excited for my new skimmer that will be arriving this friday, I wanted a more powerful skimmer that would be okay to keep if I were to upgrade to a larger tank and I ended up settling on SSA ES2 cone skimmer (rated for 300g). After talking to Seas side aquatics via e-mail to help make...
  4. K

Building LED's for the RSM club

I build LED setups for my local reef club and thought I would offer the same to the RSM club. For those that have a RSM 130d or 250 I'm offering LED setups like steve's led's except if you want to take it a step further such as a controller or different brand of LED's or adding in my favorite...
  5. K

how to promote chalice growth rate

I just got a fancy new chalice and I'm looking for ways to provide optimal growth rates as chalices tend to be a new type of coral for me. I have a 75g SPS dominant tank so my parameters are pretty clean and I'm just curious what type of environment do they favor and do feedings of meaty foods...
  6. K

I'm joining!

I'm joining the blue spot club! My BSJF (still unnamed) is currently drip acclimating. So excited! I can't wait to see what's in store for myself with this new little guy.
  7. K

How to make my anthias more social

I recently picked up 4 purple queen anthias's and I know they are very difficult due to their dietary needs and what not. But regardless I have that covered, feedings 2x-3x a day along with live foods to help get them started eating. I've had them for about a month now and they seem to be...
  8. K

Vortech owners (advice please)

Does anyone else have the urge to take off the filter screen that comes with the vortech pumps? I clean them daily, every other day at the latest and there is a significant difference in flow when they are off. I feel like I'm restricting a lot of my vortechs power with the filter but I'm unsure...
  9. K

need ID on montipora

I saw a beautiful piece at the LFS and I couldn't resist the temptation so I bought it. It has a red planet acro on the top of it and a huge montipora that is gorgeous that I wanted to get an ID for. And yes I plan to cut the rock and seperate the two. So please let me know if anyone can ID the...
  10. K

Reef Roids

Can the product reef roids be used to feed SPS corals?
  11. K

TDS meter and its readings advice

I decided to buy a TDS meter about two weeks ago to see if I needed to replace my filters since it had been a long time since I had done so. I checked my TDS and as suspected it was much to high for my likings at 65ppm, so I replaced all my cartridges and membrane on my 4 stage RODI unit. After...
  12. K

Coral Warfare advice

I was picking up some carbon and a new test kit and had no intention on buying any livestock until I saw a rock with two corals that I've been searching for, for quite some time now. My concern is that at some point one of the corals will grow over the other killing it, because of their close...
  13. K

rsm 130d for sale: led's/tunze 9002/media rack

Hey all, I've recenty upgraded to a larger tank and no longer need my rsm130d. It's 7 months old and still has 5 months of warranty left on it. There's also a few upgrades that have been installed, It's got led's retrofitted into the hood (capable of growing SPS corals) that are only 4 months...
  14. K

mixing carbon and GFO in a phosban reactor?

I have a two little fishies phosban reactor and I was wondering if it's okay to mix carbon and phosban together in the reactor so I don't have to purchase a second reactor? Is it detrimental to either one if used in this manner?
  15. K

LED monthly growth rate thread.

I decided I'm going to be posting monthly pictures of all my SPS corals to show growth/failures (hopefully no failures). I will post pics of each frag I have and update monthly, hopefully this documentation will show what it takes to grow SPS and how my LED's hold up in the long run. I will...
  16. K

Need help on choosing LED color mix for my SPS tank

Hey all, I have some LED lighting that I built from steve's LEDs, which use 3w Luxeon LED's. So far I'm getting awesome responses from my clams/SPS corals and I'm looking to further build on my LED's. I currently have 28 nuetral whites and 28 royal blues, I'm going to be adding another set of...
  17. K

need help on pricing my 130d.

I'm curious to see how much I could sell my RSM 130d for. It's got upgraded LED lights, LED light controller, tunze 9002 and media rack, as well as a koralia powerhead. I also have an LED light controller for it. Any clue what this could sell for?
  18. K

Tunze 9002 advice (please)

I just cleaned my tunze 9002 square collection cup with the brush it came with tonight in hopes of getting a better skim. It's been 4-5 hours now and there's no foam collecting. I have the bubbles coming up to where you can see them through the side of the cup with 2-3 inches of empty space in...
  19. K

Feather duster coral help

I recently purchased a feather duster two days ago, he was full out and open the 1st hour I had him in and then I rescaped the whole tank and when I placed him in his new spot he hasn't opened since. its been coming on 2 days now since his new placement and he's not appearing. Is this normal and...
  20. K

Kyle's 75g Elite Reef Tank

Starting my journal a bit late, but better late than never =) Well, I brought my 75g driller tank w/ stand and canopy home January 15, 2013 and had it filled by the 16th (which is also my sobriety birth day). My goal for this tank is to be a dreamy display that we all have wet dreams over in our...