Search results

1. Overlook Reef

HELP! Led question.

I recently bought the Modular Led kit for the RSM 130D. I am trying to instal it and am getting confused with the wiring of it. I am going to run them through a Reefkeeper Lite and I am not sure how to do this. The Timer is going to have to be bypassed (i think) and I want to try to use...
  2. Overlook Reef

Led kits for RSM 130D?

Does anyone have any suggestions for an Led kit for my RSM 130D. I was looking at Steve's leds. Red Sea Max 130 LED retrofit kit Does anyone have any experience with them? Also: What is the best color combination. What do I need to hook it up to my Reefkeeper lite to control...
  3. Overlook Reef

Help! Rasta Zoas shrinking!

Hi I have some Rasta Zoas that have been doing great right up to a week ago. They appear to be shrinking! All the other Corals in the tank are doing great, including other Zoas. Any ideas?!?! Temp 79 SG 1.26 Nitrate 0 Nitrite 0 Ammonia 0 Phosphate 0 Calcium 460 Alk. 10.5 I did use some...
  4. Overlook Reef

Clown trying to host Zoas

Hi One of my clowns is trying to host a rock with Zoas. He appears to be getting stung a lot. (black marks all over) Is there anything I could/should do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
  5. Overlook Reef

Clown fish and Duncan coral

Hi I came home today to find my Duncan coral closed up. After watching for a while I noticed my large Clown appears to be picking/biting the Duncan. Has anyone ever had this happen before? Could she be trying to host it? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  6. Overlook Reef

Good buy?

Is this a good buy? :) $12.00 for the rock covered with zoas! I picked it up in a Petco in MA! I think the sales person gave me the price for zoa frags!
  7. Overlook Reef

Wow refractometer!

I just picked up a used refractometer and tested my SG! Before I tested it my hydrometer said it was 1.025 and some change. The Refractometer just read 1.022 and some change! Now I see what everyone has been saying!
  8. Overlook Reef

Aiptasia on frag plug!

I just noticed a very small Aiptasia on a Zoa colony frag a got about a month ago. The Frag has about 20 Zoas on it and I would like to keep it, but I am not sure how to kill the Aiptasia without killing the Zoas on the frag. Any ideas?
  9. Overlook Reef

Question?

Do you think a standard 5 gallon bucket with a lid from Home Depot would be all right to use for my ATO?
  10. Overlook Reef

Help with two IDs

Every once and a while I have spotted these little white and translucent worms. Could anyone give me an idea what they may be. There has been no evidence of it attacking any corals. Also, I can not get a better picture of it, but I saw a light green almost fluorescent thing attached to...
  11. Overlook Reef

Help with coral ID

Can anyone tell me what kind of coral this is? It was told this was a brain coral, but I am not sure it looks like one. Any suggestions?
  12. Overlook Reef

Help with a Coral ID

Is anyone else having problems loading pictures?
  13. Overlook Reef

Just Curious

Hi I am down cape cod (MA) and my daughter has been digging up (sand crabs?) (picture below) I have seen what looks like this same exact species of sand crab being sold on the Internet. They said they are reef safe, burrow in the sand and are filter feeders. Here is the question (and if it...
  14. Overlook Reef

Trying to ID

Does anyone have any ideas what this is? It is in a difficult place to see, and I would leave it there if it is a friend, but want to take it out if it is bad. It is the green piece that looks like micro algae. If it is does anyone know what kind?
  15. Overlook Reef

Need help!

I did my weekly water change this morning and everything was normal. Ammonia 0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 0 Phosphate 0 Calcium 480 After a couple of hours my Xenia started to shrivel up like I have never seen before! All other corals and inhabitants are doing great! The Xenia is not breaking down...
  16. Overlook Reef

Watchman Goby problem

I fed my fish this morning and noticed the biggest pig (my watchman goby)in the tank was not eating. After watching him, it looks like one of his eyes is cloudy. I was thinking he may have been injured by one of the other tank inhabitants, but he is the big bruiser (about 4") in the tank. He...
  17. Overlook Reef

Pictures New RSM 130D

I would like to say this is the best site for information. I have just re-entered the aquarium world after a 20 plus year hiatus and have started my first reef tank. I would not normally consider myself new to the aquarium world, but things have changed a lot since My last time in this hobby...
  18. Overlook Reef

Rsm 130d

I have a RSM 130D and have notice the temp getting up to mid to upper 80's (degrees Fahrenheit). I was thinking of getting a chiller. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  19. Overlook Reef

New owner RSM 130

I recently bought a RSM 130 and was curious if anyone has any modification tips? I was also considering adding a Refugium and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on type and how to install it on a RSM 130.