Search results

1. kv2wr1

Eyes of porcupines, puffers, triggers, and groupers

That's normal. I forgot what they call it, but its like a natural UV protection for the fish and it is more noticable on puffers than any other kind of fish. If it looked more like this then I would be worried:
  2. kv2wr1

Lost many fishes. Trying to save the remaining. Please help.

Good Luck. These things happen to all of us so you are not alone. I didn't know a lot about treating diseases and what to look for until I came on this forum. The stickies are great! It was an eye opener since a lot of information I got was from local fish stores or other forums wasn't...
  3. kv2wr1

Lost many fishes. Trying to save the remaining. Please help.

I'm no disease expert, but I had a green chromis that died and had similar symptoms. Search Uronema. It is one of the worst diseases to experience. I believed that my chromis died from that. The red hemorrhaging is a give away to this horrific disease. Good Luck if that is what you are experiencing.
  4. kv2wr1

Return pump for LifeReef overflow

I had that overflow on my 40B and used a maxijet utility 3000 pump (about 775 gph). It was a little overkill for that tank, but would have been great on a 75g. I liked that pump because you could adjust the flow on the pump itself. You will not be disappointed with that overflow. Mine always...
  5. kv2wr1

Good Bye

Lee, you have been an inspiration and a life saver. I wish you all the best on your future endeavors. P.S. If you ever decide to release a hard copy book of your knowledge & wisdom regarding this hobby, I would buy many copies. :)
  6. kv2wr1

Koran getting HLLE

I used Selcon for the coral beauty. I fed that fish, mysys, brine, rods reef, nls pellets, cyclop-eeze, formula 2 and dwarf angel formula. For the tang I used selcon and vitachem. I fed the tang a variety of dried algeas, rods reef, nls pellets, formula 2, mysis, brine, cobalt aquatics...
  7. kv2wr1

Koran getting HLLE

I have experienced HLLE with a few different fish. The first one was a coral beauty. I had recently switched from rox 0.8 carbon to lignite carbon. That's when the problem started with that fish. Even though I let the water from the reactor run clear, I still believe some of the fines got into...
  8. kv2wr1

Not sure, but think it's uronema.

I'm hoping that's not what it is. All of the other fish are eating and not showing any signs of stress or any discoloration or abnormalities. The trigger stopped eating and then a noticed a dull area on it's right side. I'm wondering since the tang did hit him hard (did several tail whips)...
  9. kv2wr1

The only other thing that I can think of is that I have changed recently is that I made my own fish food with frozen seafood consisting of scallops, shrimp, cockel, clams, mysis, nori, and vitamins. The skin wasn't bleeding on the trigger like uronema usually looks, but was discolored in a small...
  10. kv2wr1

Last night I noticed a small white patch on my trigger with a tiny bit of redness (no hemorrhaging). It did not look blood streaked like uronema usually looks (I have seen it at a lfs in their chromis). I thought it was a cut and may have gotten infected since my tang had tail whipped him, but I...
  11. kv2wr1

Looking for that final fish or two.

Do you think the yellow tang will need to be removed for a while if I add that fish?
  12. kv2wr1

I like that. Will I need to remove my yellow tang and re-introduce them both?
  13. kv2wr1

The triggers have been really good. They get a little excited during feeding time, but otherwise ignore the clowns. I have a back up 75g in case though.
  14. kv2wr1

Incredibly SERIOUS QUESTION

+4 If she has expensive shopping habits, then you can tell her to buy you some expensive fish, corals or equipment.
  15. kv2wr1

I wish I could get one of them. Those are awesome. I think the minimum is a 250g for one of those.
  16. kv2wr1

Thanks for all of the suggestions. Is there any fish not in the list that you would recommend?
  17. kv2wr1

I'd love to get a naso, but was afraid my tank is too small and the yellow would bully it to death. If you all think I could do more fish or have any other recommendations, let me know. I have a lot of hiding spots in my rock, but I have kind of a rock wall appearance. The fish can swim infront...
  18. kv2wr1

Looking to add a final fish or two for my FOWLR. I have a 180g display, 40g sump, a skimmer rated for 200g heavy bioload (500 g light) and 2 reactors (1 carbon and 1 gfo). I do 20% weekly water changes (could get away with 10%). 0 (undetectable) ammonia, 0 (undetectable) nitrite, nitrates...
  19. kv2wr1

qting BAD????

+1 on this. I went to a LFS and they told me the same thing. It wasn't until I qt'ed my fish and treated them with Cuprimine did I erradicate ich completely. You can't go wrong following Lee's stickys. The said LFS had a major ich outbreak the last time I was there. I bought frozen food from...