Not sure, but think it's uronema.

kv2wr1

Last night I noticed a small white patch on my trigger with a tiny bit of redness (no hemorrhaging). It did not look blood streaked like uronema usually looks (I have seen it at a lfs in their chromis). I thought it was a cut and may have gotten infected since my tang had tail whipped him, but I did not see a cut. I tried to get him out last night but he wedged himself in good and I could not get him out. This morning I found him on a powerhead. I quarantined all of these fish for 6 weeks minimum, but apparently it wasn't enough time. The only prophylactic treatment I did was deworming with prazipro and freshwater dips w/ methylene blue on the clowns and tang (lesson learned now will do all fish). The tank now has 1 yellow tang, 1 porcupine puffer juvenile and 2 clowns. The clowns were treated with cupramine since they did have ich in quarantine.

What to do now?

Capture all of the fish one by one, freshwater dip with methylene blue, then put in a hospital tank using fresh saltwater and treat with metro or furan 2?

Drain the display, clean with bleach and let it go bone dry and start over? OR Should I run bleach in the water and then a decholinator, then let it go bone dry? OR Could I dose ammonium choride to a high level to kill anything off and recycle the tank? ALL OF This would obvisously be done with NO fish in the main tank.

The tank is a FOWLR (no inverts or corals).

Bleach the rock and let it go bone dry. re-hydrate with fresh water and dechlorinator?

Recycle the tank and then re-introduce any survivors one by one?

Any threat to humans with this pathogen?

I wash my hands before and after working on the tank. Should I be wearing gloves for my own safety?

Thanks In advance.

kv2wr1

The only other thing that I can think of is that I have changed recently is that I made my own fish food with frozen seafood consisting of scallops, shrimp, cockel, clams, mysis, nori, and vitamins. The skin wasn't bleeding on the trigger like uronema usually looks, but was discolored in a small white patch by his stomach with a littel pink and was a little swollen. Could it have been something in the food that coud have caused this? No other fish are showing any signs. No other fish eat this food either (they spit it out). But they eat the regular food just fine.

Could it have been something in the food causing an internal infection? I did not see any preservatives on the label and thawed the food out in RO/DI.

kv2wr1

I'm hoping that's not what it is.

All of the other fish are eating and not showing any signs of stress or any discoloration or abnormalities. The trigger stopped eating and then a noticed a dull area on it's right side. I'm wondering since the tang did hit him hard (did several tail whips) if it could have gotten infected and thats why I did not see any hemorrhaging? I'm thinking he was under stress from the tang (he would pick fights with him) that he was unable to heal from the trauma.

It did not look like the classic Uronema with the red ulceration (I saw a chromis with this at a lfs) and did not look like brook (saw this recently at another lfs). I just don't want to rule that out either.

leebca

Diseases, especially viruses and bacteria can be transmitted through Seafoods. I don't know how you process your food so I don't know if this is a likely source. There isn't a lot to do regarding the dishes that do not display. It isn't worth moving them or trying to treat them. they should be given immune booster foods and vitamin supplements. Water quality is one of those things that cause the fishes to succumb to these kinds of infections. Make sure your water quality is good to excellent.