Search results

1. D

50/50 lighting ?

What's the deal with 50/50 t12 lighting? Why do people use this instead of all actinic? Which type of lighting is better for LPS corals ? DJPJ
  2. D

when should I replace lights?

Thx for all the info everybody--- DJPJ
  3. D

thx woodstock
  4. D

Every 8 months??????? Really..... anyone else????
  5. D

black growth id please,

I say remove the rock out and scrub the hell out of that black stuff, which is most likely cynobacteria. Also, How's your water? Do you have a good protien skimmer? How often are you feeding? Three main causes of cyno bacteria. Good luck
  6. D

Hello people, I haven't post in a while b/c my tank has been up and running pretty good. Currently I am using 4 VHO's ( 2 super white & 2 actinics){ 440 watts} How can you tell the lights need to be replaced? I've had them for about 2 plus years and they're still going. One more...
  7. D

WHICH RO/DI system should I BUY?

Hey guys I'm looking into buying a RO/DI unit. I'm tired of going to my lfs weekly to get 20 gallons of saltwater. My question is which one is good to buy? There are so many out there and don't want to buy the wrong one. I live in miami and I have a 100 gallon reef tank with mostly lps and other...
  8. D

double pump help

Where can I get info on how to do a closed loop system- because I'm not familar with this term.
  9. D

double pump help

well my situation is. I bought this second pump (quiet one model 3000) because I thought it was a upgrade from my old pump. The old pump was given to me with the tank, there's no name listed all that is listed is (UL model 7 utility pump -E160713- 65 watts) I have no idea how much gph it...
  10. D

double pump help

I have a sump pump and was wondering if it can be done- I bought a second pump which is a dry pump. Can I connect my sump return pump to my dry pump which is elevated about a foot and a half. which then the dry pump returns the water to my main tank. I attached a picture for visual aid. thank...
  11. pump

pump

12. D

test kits

I'm looking to buy a new test kit for my water. With so many testing products out there it's hard to choose the right one for your tank. I recently bought a nitrate test becuase my last one ran out. It was horrible, the color patterns go from light pink to dark pink and the range in ppm is not...
  13. D

Eco Aqualizer what do think?

Your welcome Boozeman- and thank you all for the great advice. I guess I'm upgrading to a new skimmer. Any suggestions on good skimmers would be great.
  14. D

Yeah I thought it was pretty intresting too, cause I've never heard of such device. I guess I'll wait and see if people are successful with this product. So what do you recommend for a 90 gallon reef tank. Protein skimmer i mean. Thx
  15. D

Hello- I've decided to upgrade my protein skimmer for the first time and don't want to make the same mistake by buying a useless skimmer. I ran into a site that sells a ionization purification system. The site claims it works better than a protein skimmer, reduces your water changes by 75%...
  16. D

how much light does Caulerpa need?

Thank for the info What's the difference between running it 24/7 or running it on when the main lights are off? DJPJ
  17. D

how much light does Caulerpa need?

Hello I finish setting up a 20 gallon sump/with a 10 gallon refugium with mineral mud, live rock and caulerpa. I am currently using a coralife mini aquatic light with 2-10,000 K 18 watt fixture. Is this too much or too little lighting for the caulerpa? Thank you, DJPJ
  18. D

Mud Setup??

Hello all- What's the proper way to setup a mud substrate in a refugium on a establish tank?The instructions on the mineral mud refer only to new tanks that are being cycled. DJPJ
  19. D

Blue spiny lobster MISSING!

Hello- Just 4 days ago I bought a 40 dollar blue spiny lobster. Nice looking lobster wit 4 inch antennas. The LFS told me they tend to escape tanks. So I put a cover that covers 75% of the tank. (The best I could do) The next morning I woke up and to my surprise it was missing. I have a 9o...
  20. D

GE-Silicone I is it safe?

Hello, Last Night I bulid my sump w/ refugium. I used GE Silicone I for Window and Door. It's curing right now. But I can't help asking myself if it's safe. Has anyone used this product before on aquariums? Thanks, DJPJ