Search results

1. mempho reefer

Aqua Vim

Anybody have any expecience with ordering a tank from Agua Vim in NYC? Found a great deal on a reef ready tank on their website. Thinking about buying from them. Just want to make sure it's a reputable dealer.
  2. mempho reefer

New Shots Of My Tank

Here are some shots I just took of my tank. I hope you all enjoy them.
  3. mempho reefer

Icecap Reflector Question

Has anybody tried adding individual Icecap or Tek2 reflectors to a compact T-5 unit? I've thought about adding them to my 24" Current USA Nova Extreme 4 Bulb T-5 kit but I don't think they'll fit. Anybody else tried?
  4. mempho reefer

T5 Par Question

Does anybody know what the PAR is for an Ocean White 10,000K 24w HO T-5?
  5. mempho reefer

Preferred Flow

Can anyone tell me the preferred flow in a tank. I'm moving about 1400 gph in a 36g. Is that too much/not enough?
  6. mempho reefer

Need A Heater

Hey gang:wave: Need your help. My VisiTherm heater is acting wacky and I need a new one. I thought this one was supposed to be the best but after less than a year starting to fluctuate. Even though it claims to have an exact temperature setting and to have a fluctuation of no more than 1...
  7. mempho reefer

Thought I Share Some Pix

Hi gang:wave: I was playing around with my daughter's camera this evening and took a few shots of the tank. They're not the best pictures as I'm not the greatest photog. But, I thought I'd share them anyway. The tank is doing really well right now thanks to the advice I've gotten from the...
  8. mempho reefer

Little Spikes Everywhere

Hi Gang:wave: It's been awhile since I've posted but I've been dropping by from time to time just to read and keep up. Now I have a dilema and need some help. Over the last few months my tank has become infested with what seems to be some sort of parasite. They are small calcareus spikes...
  9. mempho reefer

Favia Issues

Me and LSPs just don't get along.:bouncebox First it was my bubble coral now it's my favia. I've had it for about 6 months. For the last three months the tissue has been receeding from the edges. It was originally on the bottom of my tank then it began to show signs of dying off on the...
  10. mempho reefer

Holy Sarcophyton Batman

My sarchophyton has a hole in it.:bugout: What's up with that. It seems healthy otherwise....extended polyps, good color, has been growing well. Should I be concerned?:bouncebox
  11. mempho reefer

DIY Fuge

Does anyone remember or have the link for the DIY fuge that was made from an Aquaclear 70? I think it was originally posted on another site but the link was posted hear. I thought I saved it but can't find it. I'm planning to transform mine and would like to find that post.
  12. mempho reefer

Sick Bubble Coral

I bought a bubble coral at Petco....first mistake.....a few weeks ago. I looked stressed when I got it but I thought that it would do better in my tank with a better water quality. It has since slowly degraded. It no longer fully inflates and a green algae seems to be growing on the inside of...
  13. mempho reefer

Moving Advice

Hello all. We're moving into a new house in two weeks. I need some advice on moving my tank. Its a 36g with 40lb LR, 40lb DSB, clown, chromis, blenny, various corals...mainly softies and gorgs. I have plenty of 5g buckets to transport with. Its about a 15 minute drive from my current home...
  14. mempho reefer

RO/DI Filter

I've thought about getting a filter. It's been mentioned in previous post that you can pick one up on e-bay for less that a hundred bucks. Knowing little about them, I have a few questions.:bugout: Is there a preferred brand? What features to look for? How often do the filter cartridges...
  15. mempho reefer

RO Storage

How long can you keep RO/DI water in a sealed container? I do 15% water change every three weeks and add about a gallon of RO/DI top off every week. I buy my water from the LFS. Currently I'm going every week for a gallon of RO/DI and every three weeks for Salt and RO/DI. Can I buy three to...
  16. mempho reefer

Impulse buy

Went to the LFS yesterday afternoon to buy supplies and ended up leaving with a Bubble Coral.....it was on sale. I didn't do any research on it as I normally do before a coral purchase. SO, what do I do now? I've done some checking this morning and get conflicting info as to placement and...
  17. mempho reefer

Hello

Just want to say hi. I'm relatively new to the hobby. Just about a year and a small fortune into it. Have been checking out this site for awhile now to read tips and the forum. I have a 36G bowfront. Corals are: cabbage, various zoos, purple ribbon gorg, yellow gorg, encrusting gorg, kenya...