Search results

1. P

Impressive Dive

I think everyone will enjoy this dive. http://bit.ly/1oEgydb
  2. P

Dictyota ?????

[/URL][/IMG] The nearest algae/kelp I can find is Dictyota, posted on Reef Cleaners website. It came from nowhere, on a live rock that I have had for over one year. It's leafy and the exact purple color of coralline algae. What you see is about seven week's growth. The Flame Angel is about 1...
  3. P

T-5 Ballast

Is it possible for an RSM 250 T-5 ballast to have partialoutput, or is ballast either good (100% output) or bad, (no output)? Thanking you, Putt
  4. P

Useful Life of Red Sea Max 250 T5 Lamps

Good day to all, I have read that the useful life of T5 lamps is around nine months to one year. My RSM 250 tank and lamps are now about seven months old. Things just aren’t the same lately, some new algae, corals have been doing very well, but now just so so. Water chemistry is constant...
  5. P

White Flatworms

I'm starting to get a lot of white flatworms, seems to me that I read somewhere that the white ones are OK. Is this true? Also would like sugestions for raising alkalinty & pH. Livestock consist of 17 assorted Zoa's, mushrooms & 1 acan. First fish on order. Thanks, Putt
  6. P

Putt's RSM 250 Reef

Good day to all, I started my reef on April 11, 2012. This is new to me, as well as posting on forums. Please excuse if not using proper etiquette. It was easier before the computer age, if you got stumped in the middle of a DIY project, you just went to the nearest tavern ordered a beer and...
  7. P

RSM 250 High Nitrate Cycle

Good day to all, Eleven days into my cycle, lotsa ?'s and apprehension. I have read, and thought I understood the basics and timeline of the cycle process. I thought that the nitrates are the last to rise. Is it common for the nitrates to go off the chart this soon? Did I throw a wrench in...
  8. P

Putt's RSM 250 Cycle

Good day to all, Eleven days into my cycle, lotsa ?'s and apprehension. I have read, and thought I understood the basics and timeline of the cycle process. I thought that the nitrates are the last to rise. Is it common for the nitrates to go off the chart this soon? Did I throw a wrench in...
  9. P

Ammonia Test Kit

I'm using a new Salifert Ammonia Test Kit; I find it hard to compare colors with the printed color test chart. Not too sure how accurately I (particularly the low range) interpret the comparison of colors. Is it just me, or is there a better kit available? Thanks, Putt
  10. P

Established Tank TDS value?

Just wondering; What the average TDS value is of an established reef tank that has always used RO/DI water. Thanks, Putt
  11. P

Aiptasia?

I’m sure it’s a pest; please confirm before I push the plunger on the Aiptasia-X syringe. Thanks, Putt
  12. P

???Substrate???

Has anyone used ReefRocks.Net's sand? Do you feel that it is too fine? Will it create sandstorms with high water circulation? Thanks for knowledge, Putt
  13. P

Good day to all

I have been interested in a reef aquarium for quite some time; I'm on the forums daily now for the last two months hijacking all of your experiences and expertise. I feel like a thief, taking but not having anything to contribute to the forum. I have decided on a RSM 130D, I will not be able to...