Search results

1. Roks-Sharky

Your clown fish adopting anything artificial??

Let me know, send a link if you got an on-line source, cause I'm gonna try.
  2. Roks-Sharky

What are your laziest habits?

I was once appalled when I saw straight salt dumped into the shark tank at the LFS. Of course, then I started doing it myself at home. Well, not buckets full, just a cup here and there into the sump to keep it regulated. My live rock has long since bleached, and rather than scrub clean...
  3. Roks-Sharky

Should I do a water change w/Tap water in Fish/Live Rock Tank?

We just had tiles put in our kitchen and laundry room. They never reconnected the laundry room sink which means my R/O filter is disconnected. I am feeling very lazy and don't feel like reconnecting the sink myself, it requires a trip to Home Depot. I want to do a major water change with tap...
  4. Roks-Sharky

What companies provide Aquarium services?

Note this is being posted in NJ Reefers Club. My tanks are a MESS. I need major water changing. I'd love to know if there's a service that pulls up with a big tank of salt water. I just don't feel like making up 6 trash cans of salt water right now. ANy help? I live in Voorhees_Camden...
  5. Roks-Sharky

Corals & Triggerfish? yes? maybe? or NO!

I just bought a Huma Huma today. I know corals are a "NO" with them, but I also can't resist experimenting! So what coral do you have with your trigger? Star polyp? Mushrooms? Somekind of Polyps? Keep him well fed and he doesn't bother the corals? What's your experience . .
  6. Roks-Sharky

Recharging & re-using various filtration items

Recharging & re-using various filtration items I think a very helpful thread would be about what filtration items can be re-charged & re-used. I know I've read charcoal can be re-charged and used again by baking it? Certainly no one does this since it's cheap enough to buy. But I'm...
  7. Roks-Sharky

SIDE EFFECTS of BOYD CHEMI-CLEAN & ULTRALIFE RED SLIME REMOVER

What are the side effects of these products? Is one better than the other? BOYD CHEMI-CLEAN & ULTRALIFE RED SLIME REMOVER Boyd Chemi Clean for treating Cynobacteria
  8. Roks-Sharky

What Salt are you using right now?

I'd like to know what salt are you using right now? Just because something goes wrong coincidentally while using a new salt, you tend to blame the salt. I buy the 5 gallon bucket of whatever I see first when I need it. I bought Instant Ocean this time. I'm not happy with it, and it...
  9. Roks-Sharky

Need a recommendation for a Jawfish

I've got a REALLY deep sand & rubble bed and no one to stir it. The tank is 150, 30 gallon refugium & 30 gallon sump. I'd really like a jawfish. I spent a whole bunch of $$ on the blue-dot and I think they were both infested with internal parasites. They died. Is that common among...
  10. Roks-Sharky

Invert acclimation: need suggestions from cheap & lazy, but successful

I haven't had much success acclimating inverts lately. I lost a star, 5peppermint shrimp, even two tiny skunk cleaner shrimp. I float the bag, and set the oven timer. Every 10-15 minutes for an hour or two I squirt in some tank water with a turkey baster. Then I dump. This used to work...
  11. Roks-Sharky

Question for Kalwasser experts

I have 2 tanks 90 & 150. Upstairs I have a 30 gallon rubber-maid trashcan hidden in a closet that I keep filled with R/o water. It feeds down to the tanks and automatically tops off the evaporated water. If I put a power head and keep just the right amout of Kalwasser in that trashcan, will I...
  12. Roks-Sharky

Why test the water?

I haven't been keeping up with testing the water. But I've been making water changes. What's going to happen if I continue doing this? What problems happen that a good water change can't fix?
  13. Roks-Sharky

Moving your tank & live near Camden County, NJ

Moving your tank? Need water storage & live near Camden County, NJ? To the NJ reefers: this auction ends today and I am gearing up to empty the tank. 150 Gallon Marine Salt aquarium pickup NJ Camden County - (item 180140605543 end time Jul-24-07 15:31:47 PDT) I have 5 rubbermade 32 gallon...
  14. Roks-Sharky

150 Tank for sale in Camden County - NJ

Please leave this posted in the NJ reefers forum. I've got a tank for sale on ebay CHEAP, I want to get rid of it quick. Local pick-up only. 150 Gallon Marine Salt aquarium pickup NJ Camden County on eBay Fish, Turtles Frogs, Pet Supplies, Home Garden Thank you.
  15. Roks-Sharky

Can I repair a: COMPACT LIGHT 72" JEBO-ODESSEA 384 WATT

What a regrettable purchase, though the vendor can't be blamed: I was looking for cheap lights for my 150 gallon tank and got it on Ebay: [ eBay: AQUARIUM HIGH COMPACT LIGHT 72" JEBO 384 WATT W/FANS (item 250069041036 end time Jan-05-07 15:49:57 PST) ] AQUARIUM HIGH COMPACT LIGHT 72" JEBO...
  16. Roks-Sharky

5 Blue-Green Chromis, in tank 1 week, still hiding in tank corners.

5 Blue-Green Chromis, in tank 1 week, 3 are still hiding in tank corners. I bought these things to school around, that's what I read they do. Two school, three are terrified and constantly hover in the corners. What's going on? :lookaroun
  17. Roks-Sharky

Lions, Horses, & Butterflies - Free at the Jersey Shore!?!

Note this is being posted in the South Jersey Marine & reef Club Forum Okay, so I'm working on a 150 gallon tank to feature nothing but hippocampus erectus. Why because they live off NJ shores!!!! Can you believe!?! Now I've read in a few books that say they live from Nova Scotia to...
  18. Roks-Sharky

Anyone selling tank bred hippocampus erectus in our area?

Before I order from this site, www.mknwaves.com, the guy seems very helpful. I wanted to make sure there was no local source for tank bred hippocampus erectus. What I found really interesting about these seahorses is they live off OUR COAST (as well as many other places)!!!! I've put my...
  19. Roks-Sharky

Looking for a Local Source for this product:

I scanned this picture from page 105 & 107 of The Simple Guide to Marine Aquariums by Jeffrey Kurtz. I hate to scan copyrighted work, but let's call it civil disobedience. Pictures are worth 1000 words and I am unable to find this product anywhere despite my attempt to describe it accurately. . .
  20. Roks-Sharky

Ceramic (glass) rocks?

On page 107 of "Simple Guide to Marine Aquariums" [Kurtz] shows a picture of glass foam rocks and on page 105 there is a yellow box describing the product as a highly innovative replacement for live rock. These blocks, which look like natural stone color, and appear to be about the size of...