What Salt are you using right now?

Roks-Sharky

I'd like to know what salt are you using right now?

Just because something goes wrong coincidentally while using a new salt, you tend to blame the salt.

I buy the 5 gallon bucket of whatever I see first when I need it.

I bought Instant Ocean this time.

I'm not happy with it, and it may be great stuff. But things didn't seem right, so I blamed the salt. It never occured to me that there may be a difference between Reef Salt & Ocean Salt. I will make sure I buy reef salt next time!

SO what salt are you using right now? FO or Reef?

And is there one you don't like and just won't use?

InLimbo87

I've been using IO ReefCrystals for some time. Never had any issues with it, and my calc/alc levels seem to be always on with just water changes.

BobBursek

RC since day one, IO is lower in Ca, and MG, it is more for a a FOWLR, where RC is higher in Ca, Mg, and other trace elements for a reef tank.
Bob

BobBursek

Not to mention but changeing salts in a reef tank can throu the corals and things into a down spin depending on how large of water changes you do at a time. It is suggested when changeing salts to mix old and new together for a gradual transition.
Bob

lcstorc

Right now Oceanic since it is low on alk and mine is too high.
I used to use TM Pro Reef and loved it but the TM rep told me I don't need the Pro Reef unless I have a large number of stony corals which I do not. So when the alk issue is resolved I will go to regular TM.

naperenterprise

I don't like the TM pro reef, I prefure to add my own CA to the mix.
Pro reef just doesn't seem right to me.
But I love the rugular TM!!!

2nd choice is RC

Then IO
Right now Oceanic since it is low on alk and mine is too high.
I used to use TM Pro Reef and loved it but the TM rep told me I don't need the Pro Reef unless I have a large number of stony corals which I do not. So when the alk issue is resolved I will go to regular TM.

Octoman

Been using IO, but I may switch to RC for the next bucket of salt (transitioning it over slowly of course).