Your clown fish adopting anything artificial??

ReefLady

Staff member
Artificial? Clowns will host in a lot of things that are not anemones, but they are typically soft corals (Xenia, Colt corals, etc). I doubt they'd host something truly artifical (plastic, etc.).

My maroon is a little confused lately, he hosts an anemone and a rock! they are on different sides of the tank. he even tried feeding the rock a few days ago!

ShootMe

My clown has hosted a torch, fox, and a green open brain coral in the past. Since I went bare bottom he now host the gap between the starboard and the edge of the tank.

cindyp

my clowns are hosting each other they twirl and rub on each other I think they are in love then they twirl and rub together on the frog spawn they are very rarely apart.....:angel1:

Roks-Sharky

Oops, sorry, I meant artificial as in not alive, as in plastic or fabric.

I know clowns frequently adopt various corals as hosts, since I can see it at the LFS [a clown rubbing itself on a very realistic looking tongue coral used to give me a good laugh, seemed the tongue should be doing the work, not the fish].

Perhaps clowns would like spawning media meant for shrimp?

I found a photo of a DIY spawning mop made from green acrylic yarn. That looks cozy.