Ceramic (glass) rocks?

Roks-Sharky

On page 107 of "Simple Guide to Marine Aquariums" [Kurtz] shows a picture of glass foam rocks and on page 105 there is a yellow box describing the product as a highly innovative replacement for live rock.

These blocks, which look like natural stone color, and appear to be about the size of floral arranging blocks, can be cut and glued to create your own aquascaping. I just purchased a very old 150 gallon tank that looks like it was all DIY, I'd like to cover the PVC pipes with a product like this, as well as using live rock.

A quick google didn't lead me to any sources. Anyone familiar with this product? Can you lead me to a source?

Roks-Sharky

I took a look boozeman, but that's not the stuff!
That stuff is expensive. The stuff I'm looking for I'm guessing is cheap, light weight, won't get broke shipping, and you can carve it easily to the shape you want.

I think I might take a chance and scan in the picture from the book.

I've now been to two LFSs. I even pulled the book off the shelf and showed them the picture. I got a mysterious answer: none of our suppliers carry it.

I'm guessing it's a product from a different industry. I just need to figure that out . . .

boozeman

hmmm...I havnt read the book.
this has turned into a good search exercise for me..
finally came across this..I believe, based on your description, is it..

go to www.drsfostersmith.com

and enter product search term BIOSLAB

Roks-Sharky

I didn't see it at foster. A picture is worth 100 words. Attached is the picture.

Attachments

• Glass Rock.jpg
    Glass Rock.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 22