Search results

1. searoyalwulf

Acro eating Bug

Hi, I was hoping one of you might shed some light on a bug I found on my dying acropora. I noticed my coral starting to bleach out several days ago, and after checking numerous water quality issues I was stumped. Then I remembered a mention of flatworms that eat acros, so I pulled it out of...
  2. searoyalwulf

Valentini Puffer

Just thought I would share some photos of my newest addition. I placed this fish in my sister tank (24g Aquapod). I only had a couple of shrimp and a Orchid Dottyback in there.
  3. searoyalwulf

600 GPH corner overflow boxes

Hey everyone... I have a couple of overflow boxes that I am no long using. I've listed them over on ebay. If any of you are interested in these I will give RS members a bigger discount on the shipping charges. :) Quietflo 600 gph overflow/pre-filter - (eBay item 200172853770 end...
  4. searoyalwulf

Bladded grass ID

Hey everyone. I recently purchased a type of bladed grass on ebay. I'm hoping you might be able to help me identify it. I searched this website for various grass ID's but was not able to find anything that looked like this. It's been growing nicely thus far (3 wks). I just wanted to find...
  5. searoyalwulf

HELP! Macroalgae ID

Hi, I think I have two types of Chaetomorpha, but I'm not really sure. One is like thick spaghetti while the other is very much thinner and is more tightly balled up. Have any of you seen this type before? Is it just another form of Chaeto or is it something else? Your help would be greatly...
  6. searoyalwulf

Vendor: PacificEast Aquaculture

Hey there Fellow Reefers. Wanted to let you know about the awesome service I received from Pacific East Aquaculture. I have been looking at their site for some time and really like the professional manner they seem to have with their retail facility. The corals they have on their site...
  7. searoyalwulf

Vendor: Trieu-Exotics!

Hi fellow Reefers. I wanted to let you all know about a poor vendor experience I had. Initially I wasn’t going to post anything about the transaction, but the lousy way this vendor has dealt with the situation has prompted me to broadcast my experience. Vendor Saga. Well since they...
  8. searoyalwulf

After the move!

Hey everyone. Well the move went along with out much trouble. Unfortunately there was no way to retain any of the livestock or coras I had before the move. On a positive note I was able to modify my plumbing a good bit to make things a little more accessible then before. I want to thank...
  9. searoyalwulf

Moving Day Approaches!!

Hey Everyone... It's been a while since I've posted anything besides photos on here. Well, I've been looking for a new job for a while now and as luck would have it the best offer I've received is on the other side of the country. So next week I pack it up and move to Maryland! I had to...
  10. searoyalwulf

Freshwater Skimmer???

Hey everyone... I wanted to know if anyone out there has ever tried using a skimmer on a freshwater setup? Would it work the same or does the salinity affect the foaming fractionation. I suppose the I could just try it out, but I had wondered if anyone has had some success with it. Since...
  11. searoyalwulf

TUNZE Laboratory water tests.........??

Recently I was searching for water testing kits and came across some made by "Tunze". I was wondering if anyone has had experience using their products. http://www.tunze.com/index.php?id=149&L=1&C=US&user_tunzeprod_pi1[predid]=-infoxunter034 It looked as though they have several kits...
  12. searoyalwulf

My first tank "CRASH"

Hey everyone, some of you may have already read about this in a different thread. I first talked of this in response to another members disaster. I had been on vacation the first week in Aug and near as I can tell the circuit breaker on the wall outlets for my tank had tripped just 48 hrs...
  13. searoyalwulf

New to the group

Hello Everyone, I've been kind of lurking in the shadows the last few months, soaking in as much knowledge as I can while working with my tanks. This website has provided a wealth of information and useful reviews of equipment available in the retail market place. I hope to be able to...