Search results

1. jesse_224

Temp.

Thanks again for the replys. My corals seem happy, so we will see how it goes.
  2. jesse_224

Temp.

Thanks for all the replys. I know a temp swing isnt good, was just wondering how bad 4 degrees was. I guess its time to fix it.
  3. jesse_224

Temp.

I have a 3 gal. pico running. It is stocked with shrooms, gsp, zoas, and xenia. With the lights off the temp. stays at 78 degrees after the lights come on it stays around 82 degrees. I underrstand that temp. swings are bad, but when should i start to worry? Is a 4 degree swing THAT bad?
  4. jesse_224

DIY skimmer help

Cool...I was actually looking at your skimmer earlier today before I made this post. Its amazing what can be done with a little brain power and elbow grease!
  5. jesse_224

DIY skimmer help

Has anyone heard of or does anyone have a link to a soda bottle KIY skimmer?
  6. jesse_224

Yellow Tang Question

I just bought a new fission nano skimmer so maybe it will help out. I know it doesnt have the best reviews, but if it can help me get through a couple months then it will be worth the $30.
  7. jesse_224

Yellow Tang Question

I am not running a skimmer. Oh how I would like to but havent had the cash to get a good one yet. ....and the Jebo ps75 I have wont fit in my sump. I am going out of town for a couple days so I am going to shut off the lights and when I get back maybe I will start turning them on for a little...
  8. jesse_224

Yellow Tang Question

Again, thanks for any help!
  9. jesse_224

Yellow Tang Question

Thanks for all of the info. The lady at the LFS was new to the store but was supposed to have over 15 years exp. I have been fighting this hair algae for at least 3 or 4 months now. It is the most stubborn thing I have had to deal with since starting my tank. I started my tank with RO/DI water...
  10. jesse_224

Yellow Tang Question

I was at one of my LFS today discussing my hair algae problems. The lady there said I should get a yellow tang because one would help eat the algae I am having problems with. My tank is a 10 gal. with a 10g sump. I told her that everything that I had ever read said they shouldnt be kept in...
  11. jesse_224

Moving

Im moving and my fish will have to be in bags for about 24 hours. Anyone have any tips on moving? I only have a 10 gallon tank so there isnt alot to move but I just dont want everything to die on me.
  12. jesse_224

Phosphate remover

I just put a phosphate remover in my tank for the first time tonight. I dont know what the difference is between brand names, but mine says to replace it every 6 to 8 weeks. Hope that helps.
  13. jesse_224

Algae Problems

ok, then the alk is 8 dKH :)
  14. jesse_224

Algae Problems

I just tested my cal. and alk. Cal. 480 ppm Alk. 143.2 ppm The 518 is what my LFS told me a few days ago. This is acceptable params right?
  15. jesse_224

Algae Problems

My lfs does sell water...and pretty cheap. I will try it but my guess is that they dont change their filter. They arent that great. We will see though.
  16. jesse_224

Algae Problems

I understand what you are saying, but I only have a 10 gal tank. That works out to .60 a week or about $29 a year. A decent ro/di unit will be around $200-300 right? Plust I live in an apartment and cant mess with the plumbing :(
  17. jesse_224

Algae Problems

I am buying bottled water. Do you know of any stores that sell RO? I havent seen any.
  18. jesse_224

Algae Problems

Yes, I use DI water. If you think that could be a problem I could probably fix that easily. I guess what I dont understand is how the algae is growing.....and not only growing, but growing out of control when my parameters are good?
  19. jesse_224

Algae Problems

Thanks for all of the advice. When i was removing the bubbles I did have two or three break on my first attempt. I know that makes it worse but it happened...now i have to live with it :( LOL anyways......I will cut back on the lighting. A skimmer is out of the question for now. I have one but...
  20. jesse_224

Algae Problems

For flow I have a Mini-jet 606 as a return from my sump. Its pumping about 90 gph. I also have an aquaclear 20 powerhead pumping about 125 gph. My tank is a normal 10 gal tank.