Phosphate remover

coreef2006

I put a Phosphate remover on my aquarium this last weekend, by Kent. But there was nothing on the bottle about how long this could be in the filter before is needs to be changed, can anyone answer this for me. Thanks

180 gal set up
60 gal refusion

jesse_224

I just put a phosphate remover in my tank for the first time tonight. I dont know what the difference is between brand names, but mine says to replace it every 6 to 8 weeks. Hope that helps.

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
Whatever you do... NEVER EVER EVER... use SEACHEM PHOSGUARD. It contains aluminum that leaches into your tank and irritates some types of corals.

mps9506

Is it the phosphate sponge or is it the newer phosphate remover? I think the new one is called powerphos or pro phos something like that and is an iron based phosphate removing media.

2455coop

I too had a phosphate problem( was using tap water) I switched to ro water which I tested for phosphates ( the ro water is phophat free....)

I only used the phosphate stuff until my tank tested 0 for phosphates. I never let the stuff stay in my tank. I still monitor for phosphates and have not had a recurrence.

For what it's worth....

Snelly40

#@$! i just ordered seachem phosguard, good thing it was oly like 10 bucks from an online site, thanks for the tip JFK,
i'll order that Rowaphos that i have heard grat things about

coreef2006

JFK, Thanks for that tidbit of information, I did know about the Al. problem and just made sure Kent didn't ahve any. 6-8 weeks sounds about right.

Dragon Wrasse

I use Rowaphos and Phosban media both seem to work well. If you put it in a Phosban reactor or canister filter it seems to work the best...my two pennies.

Snelly40

for now i am going to put it in a notch i have in my sump for that and the purigen i will be adding so all water i have must pass through these