Search results

1. Camille

Melanurus Wrasse with lockjaw???

I've had this guy for at least 2 years. I came home one day and he was swimming around with his mouth wide open. He only opens his mouth for food. I thought 'that's odd'. I thought it would go away but it's been a month and he's still the same. He still goes to bed like normal but he's not...
  2. Camille

Ick - it's ICH!

Background: 1,000l tank with LPS and softies hippo tang 2.5" orange shoulder tang 6" sailfin 6" yellow tang 4" purple tang 3.5" black tang 5" 2 clowns 2", 2.5" 2 bartletts anthias 2" ea 1 lyretail anthias 3" 1 flame tail blenny 3" 1 court jester goby 1.5" 1 copperband 3" 1...
  3. Camille

Adding sand….

Hiya I have a 500l tank. I've added live rock - lots of it and it's about 1 year old. The tank has 3 blue green chromis in it. I want to have a decent depth sand bed for a Hadonni Carpet I have in my other tank. I have added a sprinkle of sand and it's come up with a bit of diatoms...
  4. Camille

Deltec Auto Cleaning Head for the Deltec TC2560 skimmer

I have a Deltec TC2560 skimmer and was thinking about getting the auto cleaning head for it. The skimmer is in the sump under the tank. The auto cleaning head is 90mm taller than the top of the skimmer is now. This will fit but I was wondering how much more room you need to install/remove it...
  5. Camille

Argh! WT* is this! It's huge!

It's about 1" across and 2" long - but it can change it's size - sometimes it's really long and skinny. It has a mouth at the smaller end and was munching on the glass like a snail. It has two tiny, tiny Shrek like bits on it's 'nose'. I found it under a rock in the DT. I thought it was...
  6. Camille

How long to leave tank dry to kill everything?

I had a RSM250 running for a few years. I had a couple of colonial hydroids show up on a zoanthid rock. I let them be thinking they would come and go like most things. I didn't know what they were. Well after about a year they had taken over everything along with vermetid snails! Every...
  7. Camille

LEDs too purple and wipe out the cool colours :(

Heya! I have a shallow 1m D x 2m W x 50cm H tank. I have 4x R420R 16,000 LED units. They are pretty cool lights and completely silent. But they are really, really purple. They wash out any of the brighter colours: orange, pink, red, green. I noticed when I transferred some pink...
  8. Camille

Learn from my mistake - setting up dosing pumps

I had a Bubble Magus dosing pump and decided to upgrade to a GHL SA unit. Pretty cool unit! Set it up the same as the Bubble Magus. Buuuuuttttt...... BM - you tell it how much you want to dose over 24 hours and how many dosings and it will work out individual dosings for you. GHL - you tell...
  9. Camille

Glass bowing a bit - OK or OMG!!!!

Hiya! I have finally made it into a big-ish custom tank. We've done a test fill and the glass in the middle of the long sides bowed a bit. 7mm (1/4") in total so 3.5mm (<1/5") each pane. It is 12mm (1/2") glass. 3 sides are low iron. The back is normal. The bottom is 2 sheets of 10mm...
  10. Camille

Can I take a chiller on a plane?

I've got a Teco TC20 chiller in Aussie and my other half is planning on bringing it back to me in NZ. He was going to check it in with his luggage. I was wondering if this is going to be safe as the airline does say no gas cylinders? Thanks in advance! Camille :)
  11. Camille

Shy clown fish

Hi there In Feb this year I started a RSM130. All went well. I added two clown fish to start with (occ or perc I'm not sure) and they have been awesome. A few months ago they started to host the over flow, keeping it clean and doing their little dance to each other. I recently got a...
  12. Camille

Is there a 'most embarrassing' tank of the month?

Hi everyone It's been a white since I've posted anything. Been super busy at work - but that's OK as it pays for more fish stuff :) I bought a 2nd hand RSM250 a few months back. A friend gave me some Zeovit Bac(?) to add during the cycle which seemed to make it go a lot faster. I've...
  13. Camille

Using Red Sea Success Calk question...

Hiya I have been using Red Sea Coral Pro for my reef tank. It has been measuring a bit short on the Calcium. It seems to be consistently around 370. While I try to sort it out with the shop I bought it from I bought some Red Sea Success Calk to get the calcium up a wee bit. I am aiming...
  14. Camille

Blue iridescent thingys amongst my zoas???

I have no idea what they are (I'm sorry if I should - still new at this). They were tiny blue dots when I got the rock with the zoas on them. Now they are growing bigger and they are a fantastic pearlised blue. I'm sorry the photo washes out the colour a little... Any comments would be...
  15. Camille

Video of little coral (???) that keeps hiding

I bought a rock recently with some blue star polyps on it. There are some tiny little clear corals (???) on it too. They disappear when they get spooked. I can't take a picture of them face on as you can't see them. Here is a video of one that freaks out and disappears when I splash the top...
  16. Camille

RSM 130D from NZ

I've posted a couple of times so I thought it's time to do the big introduction... Hello my name is Camille and I'm an addict! I spend too much time and money on this 'hobby' ;-) Back in February 2011 I won an auction for a new Red Sea Max 130D. I think they were clearing old stock. I...
  17. Camille

Finally have something other than algae ;-)

Yesterday I added a turbo snail, bristle worm and two percula clown fish. Is it just me or do those fish look like they want a cuddle - they are so super cute! Cheers Camille :)
  18. Camille

First fish and water is a little cloudy...

Hiya After months of cycling (and farming algae) I finally added some fish! I've got two perculas, 1 bristle worm and 1 turbo snail. They went in yesterday and the water has gone a little cloudy. I'm not sure why. Ammonia, Nitrate & Nitrite are 0. I've used Salifert tests. It did go...
  19. Camille

ATO placement question and hello!

Hello everyone! Long time reader first time poster ;-) I have a Redsea Max 130D. It is finishing it's cycle so I don't have anything alive in it yet except for algae. I've just put in a Tunze 9002 skimmer with inTank's media basket and collection cup - aren't they great! Yesterday I...