Argh! WT* is this! It's huge!

Camille

It's about 1" across and 2" long - but it can change it's size - sometimes it's really long and skinny.

It has a mouth at the smaller end and was munching on the glass like a snail. It has two tiny, tiny Shrek like bits on it's 'nose'.

I found it under a rock in the DT. I thought it was a bunch of crud and went to scrape it off - then it moved! It was one of those gag moments. :barf:

I didn't know whether it was a goodie or a badie so it's been hanging out in the sump until I find out what it is.

Thanks!
Camille

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
does he look like this...

stomatella-snail-2.jpg

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
The pic above is a Stomatella Snail... common hh & good members of the cuc

not sure then... maybe others will have some ideas...

stomatella snails do have small flat shells... unlike slugs

here another pic of one... from the underside

Stomatella-Bottom.jpg

Mike Johnson

Because of the mouth you can rule out a lot of things. Never seen a Stomatella get to 2" either. It wasn't difficult to rule out things and then come up with what it actually is. It is what's commonly referred to as a Sea Hare. And I think I can go further and state that (I think) it is a Syphonota geographica. They have a very thin interior shell that makes them feel calcerous or like you said, "cartilage".

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Yep, just like Mike said. Sea Hare. I have 2 in my 125 and they are super cool IMO. They will clean your tank better than Mr. Clean and make a Turbo snail seem like a fussy eater:) They eat ANY kind of algae, cyonobacteria...you name it, they'll eat it.