Search results

1. KARussell88

F/S 7-8" niger trigger

Whats the point of not putting the pics right on this thread
  2. KARussell88

red sea max 130d

+1 the RSM has a skimmer so why not use it? its only going to help and you paid for it.
  3. KARussell88

85 gal setup

I would say watch that Angelfish you have, its going to get big and will eat corals
  4. KARussell88

Skidder84's Question/Rant Thread...

One quesiton, is your rock leaning against the back wall? If it is you should try to move it forward as big rock "lumps" that dont get enough water movements can mess you water chemistry up by creating nitrate pockets
  5. KARussell88

Looking for Macroaglae

Ive been to reefcleaners, they have pretty normal stock. I'm looking for other stuff
  6. KARussell88

Wanna add a fish help

Idk a large marron clown could be a terror i a tank of that size. I would move to maroon instead of the chromis. There should be tons of options you can find.
  7. KARussell88

Looking for Macroaglae

Hey guys, Just trying to see if anyone here in reefsanctuaryland is looking to sell or give away any nice macroalgae. I have a planted salt tank that is intended to be a seahorse tank, and am looking for cool types of algae, like dragons tongue or sea grass. I don't need chaeto or...
  8. KARussell88

180 Gallon Reef/ shark tank

Are you going to put live rock in the main tank? Cat sharks can be notorious for hiding until its night time so you never see them unless tour feeding. Thats a big tank to look empty most of the time lol Maybe you could add a large tang like a sailfin or achilles and a school of anthias as well...
  9. KARussell88

Wanna add a fish help

If your just asking about the Flame angel then I would say no to that, I've heard more bad stories than good on them biting corals. Maybe you should do some research on your own on some fish you're looking at and come back to us with some questions about them.
  10. KARussell88

Diatoms Driving me CRAZY!! YouTube Vid attached

I agree your phosphate is high. and your ammonia probably isnt 0, what are your actual readings whats the flow rating in the tank a clean up crew may help but you could also be overfeeding, whats your feeding schedule and how do you feed?
  11. KARussell88

Whats wrong with my GB Nest?

ok ill go into a pet store tomorrow and see if i can get some readings from them and get back to you asap
  12. KARussell88

No I don't top off with anything, I just use R/O water and do water changes I thought the neo marine salt was supposed to put my levels where they should be
  13. KARussell88

oh and both are probably about 8-10'' away from the light and I use Neo Marine Salt with 10% weekly water changes
  14. KARussell88

Ok Its a 90 gallon tank Had both Birds Nests for probably close to 6 months now. Im waiting on my calc,alk,and mag tests to get here, red sea variety The Pink-green tipped birds nest shows none of this, and its maybe 5 inches away from the green one lighting is a nova extreme pro with 8x 54w T5...
  15. KARussell88

Hey all I am having a weird problem with my Green Birds Nest colony, It's polyps are only about half way out, making it look less fluffy and more zagged. Not only that though, but it seems that some sort of algae or cyano is growing on its tips, almost like there is some sort of nutrient...
  16. KARussell88

Real name thread

The names Kyle Russell, I love fish tanks, basketball, gorgeous women, and fantasy football
  17. KARussell88

Macron's Red Sea Max 130d

Beautiful tank, I wish I had kept my RSM. Might move to a 28 biocube at some point hehe
  18. KARussell88

How to get rid of that and what is it on my LV ?

if you're talking about the red stuff, it doesn't look like algae, it looks like cyanobacteria. If thats what it is there isn't much that will eat it, either your overfeeding, or there isn't enough flow in that area and food is settling there. You can adjust your flow, use something like a...
  19. KARussell88

Mugshot thread!

Heres a picture of my girlfriend and I on our 3 year anniversary
  20. KARussell88

RSM 130 / Must Go...leaving for extended TDY

probably because most people selling a used RSM are in the 350 range on price, you'll probably have to come down to get any bites. But tanks are going slow now a days so that could be the problem too