Search results

1. blade25

55 gal set up 4 sale

55 gal with cabinet stand oak, cpr bak pak, fluval 403 double strip lights. Im in burlington NJ 08060. I also have a emperor 400 filter:thumbup:
  2. blade25

nano cube 24 - what kinda skimmer?

what type of hang on the back lat
  3. blade25

Is my Emperor 400 filter really junk

the carbom will usually help in clarifying the water and removes any smell in the water. depends what you use in mine I had 1 bag of chem pure on 1 side as well as the 2 cartridges. My tank was fish only
  4. blade25

Water from Water changes

I pour it on the weeds in my driveway when i have them popping up, and of into the street it goes
  5. blade25

Kole and juvy Koran

When I lived in sandiego in 1997 :whstlr: I had a kole tang and later added a koran angel. But before I released him I rearranged the rock work and had no problems.
  6. blade25

Clownfish Behavior

thanks for asking they seem to be. They are both eating thats a good sign, the one still swims at the top most of the time but very active.
  7. blade25

Clownfish Behavior

they are tank raised ocell
  8. blade25

Is my Emperor 400 filter really junk

I have an emperor 400 and I have been using it since 1998 along with a cpr bakpak skimmer, 4 years ago I added a fluval 403 that I wasnt using so I can run a UV light. Never had a problem with any of my equipment. I think its a great filter. My tank is fish only though so im not sure about...
  9. blade25

Karma- it’s baaaaack!

Hey, I didnt get any on my birthday:tears:
  10. blade25

Clownfish Behavior

The clown in question is still eating, I think he is probably being bullied by the other one. A couple months ago I had 3 clowns and 1 was being picked on severely so I removed him to the LFS. Now I think he might be starting with the other one. Not sure but he is still swimming at the very...
  11. blade25

Clownfish Behavior

as far as damsels I only have 1 stiped damsel and 2 green chromis, but they don't harass the clowns. He ate yesterday so I guess we will see what happens. His color appears a little faded.
  12. blade25

How do you Store extra Salt water ?

I keep my water in a 20 gal rubbermaid container with a power head right at the top to create air bubbles in the water. I have premade salt water before without the power head for circulation and the water developed a smell to it after about 4-5 days cant exactly remember but thats the only...
  13. blade25

new tangs

Hi everyone, Please dont beat me up to bad with what I have to say. It worked for me for 3 years until I took the set up down. With a tank that size of 155 gal U can add more than 3. When I lived in Sandiego, Ca I had a 55 gal fish only. What was in it you ask 1 kole tang, I hippo tang, 1...
  14. blade25

Clownfish Behavior

so far there are no signs of any infections. He acts like he wants to stick his head out of the water. I would hate to lose him
  15. blade25

Clownfish Behavior

I have a pair of clownfish since January today 1 of them started hanging out at the surface of the tank with his dorsal fins sticking out and swimming on its side with 1 gill sticking out almost like he is gasping for air. He is also floundering at the top occasionaly. Does this mean he is...
  16. blade25

Tank Emergency

I had ich on a couple of fish and I wanted to stop it from spreading. I have done test to check for copper and it tested 0. But im not sure if there is any left that might reactivate itself
  17. blade25

yellow tang

I have a yellow tang and he does it also. Its noticeable when the lights in the tank are out. It looks like a bruise in the center of his body. Its normal. When i look at my tank in the mornings right after opening blinds i can see it when he comes out of hiding.
  18. blade25

Tank Emergency

I have no live rock in my tank either, just base rock ( dead rock ) I dont add live rock to my tank since i used copper safe in my tank once. Im afraid it will kill the rock if there is any residue of copper left.
  19. blade25

Tank Emergency

like boomer said check your ammonia, How long have you had your live rock. where are you getting your water from for your changes?
  20. blade25

when is copper gone completely?

Thanks a bunch guys i appreciate it, I guess I will keep it a FOT. Eventually I will get a different tank for reef since I have had this one since 1998. This time I will go 90 gall or 120 tall.