nano cube 24 - what kinda skimmer?

dangpride

hey ppl,

my nano cube 24g finally arrived yesterday. shipping from the usa took almost 2 weeks. now im wondering what kinda skimmer i should buy. im not really into breaking or taking the hood off.

i was wondering if it's somehow able to put a skimmer into one of the three chambers in the backside.

does somebody have experiences with a skimmer in a nano cube 24 already?
can u help me out then?

regards, dangpride

billyr98

i bought a surface skimmer like this..

IMD%5C150%5CJB7333.jpg

but this little one might fit.. i am not sure of your chamber size...

IMD%5C150%5CCU08100.jpg

Snelly40

i added a surface skimmer too, however for a protien skimmer i would stay away from that fission nano skimmer.
I went the route you are trying to avoid and replaced the hood with a metal halide light and added an aqua c remora skimmer. However, aqua c just came out with a nano skimmer for about 135 on marinedepot.com which might be an option for you

dangpride

i think i should be good with a surface skimmer also. still i didnt understand how that piece of plastic works...

the only problem is, that i cant find any german/european shop that sells those kindas kimmer. jbj is a us product - it was a hell of procedure already to get the nano cube shipped to my place.

latuttle

Do you have one with the lighting built into the top or do you have a sunpod?

I have a sunpod light fixture on mine, so I went with a hang-on-back skimmer which I've really liked. I have heard awful reviews on the fission skimmer, which is the second skimmer pictured. It will fit in the chamber in back, it's made for this tank.

latuttle

A CPR BakPak 2R - I ended up replacing it with a HOB refugium with built-in skimmer from the same company. I really do like them - I get quite a bit of nasty skimmer stuff in the collection cup. Only down side is they are not quiet.

JasonL

You know guys or gals, I hear alot about skimming and I agree that skimming is good, but with frequent water changes and regular replacement of carbon, skimming is not really necessary Ive been running my Aqua Pod for about a year now and for the first month I hooked up the fission nano and all I did was waste my money. I say keep the lighting that comes with the tank and just do frequent water changes. I do about 25% every two weeks, It takes 15minutes to do and the results have been great. Take a look at my photos for proof.