Search results

1. 2

72g bowfront build

Also, heres a picture i caught of my dog, woke up the white male by accidently when i kicked his toy.
  2. 2

72g bowfront build

Here are updates of my tank and corals. I just added a fire tomato clown and right when i put it into the tank after 2 hours acclimating, it swam into my Rose Bubble tip Anemone!!! YAY!!!
  3. 2

Disappointment

I'm actually using a hydrometer left inside the tank at all time so that i can read the salinity whenever. I know many says that they arnt accurate but the ich seems to be fading away and the fishes dont seem to be stressing at the moment. Im sure it will hatch and go thru all of its stages...
  4. 2

Disappointment

Well, as of now, Salinity is at about 1.015 on my host tank. The 2 tangs are doing marvelously fine and the hawkfish is still sitting around doing nothing as usual. They are all eating fine. My Clown fishes doesnt seem to be too happy with the water salt content but they arnt doing bad either. I...
  5. 2

Disappointment

the bottle caught it, i didnt do shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. lol it nearly flopped out when i took the soda bottle up but i scooped it back immedately. Tangs are pretty fast and smart. SG right now is 1.022 or so between that.
  6. 2

Disappointment

honestly, no offense given to you guys, after having read the description on the site's product labeling, it seems as if they really are aimed to giving the fish a fighting chance from ich and that it would not consume it's life. But to say that this product will remove and kill ich from the...
  7. 2

Disappointment

caught him! beginning treatment as of now. SG 1.026, will change out with freshwater over the course of 48 hours until i reach 1.015 and see how that goes. From then i'll try to strictly maintain that for 6 weeks or so i guess. Hopefully it works. Boring to see a fishless tank from stupidity or...
  8. 2

Disappointment

haha, i bought a soda bottle and drank it all then cut the top and flip it inside out. I trapped the hawkfish easily but the yellow tang isnt falling for it yet, still trying!
  9. 2

I'm such an idiot !!!!!!

i also acclimated a fish and when i put the fish into the tank, i untied the small airhose and left it in the bucket and rushed to work. When i got home, the bucket was filled and water all over the floor....my sump was running nearly dry and shooting bubbles into teh main tank...
  10. 2

I'm such an idiot !!!!!!

i did tat to my freshwater tank when i was cleaning and water changing.....it cracked almost instantly when i start filling it with water again......then i did it again to my new reef tank but luckily i smelled it and heard the water sizzle as it dried on the heater then shut it off right away...
  11. 2

Disappointment

I will try to catch all the fish later on tonight when i get back. I just bought a 55 Gallons at petco for 1 dollar / gallon. I'll be using that for a hospital. This morning before i left, i observed the fish and they seem to be ok still. The percs and hawkfish are still ich-visibleless and then...
  12. 2

Disappointment

oh i know, i just set up the qt about 50 mins ago or so, as stated above. I just cant catch the yellow tangf without stirring up the whole tank and removing what seems to be about 100lbs of rocks
  13. 2

Disappointment

I am so disappointing in myself for not taking things a bit slow. I have had my 20 gallon for 8 months and my 4 fishes are doing perfectly fine. Made a 72 bowfront about 2 month ago and all seems well until....i became hasty and added a new fish. I had a small yellow tang, 2 true percs and a...
  14. 2

Tree like things on rock.

I dont think its wise to scrub them off...it will travel around your tank and stick to other rocks and easily/quickly grow there unless u suck them out as you tweezer if off
  15. 2

Tree like things on rock.

+1000 on the tangs, had the same massive amount of green algae in my old tank and tangs mowed them away and never came back
  16. 2

too much carbon?

i put a filter pad in one of the bubble baffle compartment and 1 along the side where the water overflows down the pipe. Are those good positions? I have a fluval 404 running as well except right now i CANNOT get crystal clear water, there still seems to be things tat looks like dust particles...
  17. 2

Test kit and color of room light

Also, my protein skimmer just started going beserk, overfilling with dark gunky brown water every day. Is it because the diatom is finally going away? Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate 0
  18. 2

for some reason on that specific day, i read 8.8 dunno why. Its been 8.2 in the morning and 8.4 before i turn off the night for the past 2 days now. Maybe i added an extra drop without knowing or something. it says compare the color of the tube laying it down along the white part of the color...
  19. 2

too much carbon?

So I was thinking since i have many empty salt buckets, what if i was to buy about 3-4 gallons worth of carbon gravel and pads and throw it in the 5 gallon with a decent powerhead through it? Would that be too much carbon or is that enough for me to last half a year without changing it?
  20. 2

Ya, been using a white wall as my background behind the color card with the tube over it. I want to try other methods because i'm tired of dripping fluids in the API tubes haha, they keep dripping out when u shake it. Shooty caps thats why. During the day I get a reading of 8.2 and before the...