Search results

1. chinoxl3

**~DOW~ Reef Supplements

I boosted the calcium to 450 using Reef Complete and now I only add B-Ionic everyday to maintain calcium and alkalinity. Once a week I add 6 drops of Kent Iodine.
  2. chinoxl3

New XM 20K Metal Halides

I noticed since I added the lights, more bubbles are coming out of the BTA tips. I guess he likes the lights. Also the open brain is looking even bigger than before. I dont like the blue that much, so I'll follow Reeflady advice and use the actinics only for dawn/dusk cycle. Once the lights burn...
  3. chinoxl3

Picture of ourselves as avatars

No really, this is me!!
  4. chinoxl3

Open Brain

How many times do you feed it? I have never seen one that big. I hope mine gets that big.
  5. chinoxl3

This Board...

"sigh"
  6. chinoxl3

color and growth

My experience, I noticed some growth when I switched from 6500 to 10k Ushio. However, I did not noticem major change in color except a little to the green. I just switched to 20K, so we'll see how that turns out.
  7. chinoxl3

This Board...

Maybe I should not be asking this but what is the "other board" everyone keeps talking about. I hope someone explains it to me because I have no Idea what is everyone talking about.
  8. chinoxl3

Johnny

Hey look, Jack Nicholson joined ReefSanctuary. Welcome!!
  9. chinoxl3

New XM 20K Metal Halides

In person, its not this blue. But since there are actinics on, it makes the picture look really blue. I have to learn how to mess with the white balance.
  10. chinoxl3

New XM 20K Metal Halides

I forgot to mention I have 4 X 55 PC Actinic that I used for dusk and dawn. Thats why theres a lot of blue. Eventually I will only keep 2 X 55 PC or get rid of the PC's and go VHO.
  11. chinoxl3

New XM 20K Metal Halides

While Im at it, here are a few more.
  12. chinoxl3

New XM 20K Metal Halides

Here is another one.
  13. chinoxl3

New XM 20K Metal Halides

Hello all Reefnicks: Just got my brand spanking new XM 20K metal halide from Hellolights and so far so good. However they are really blue and I was wondering if they will stay that way or turn a little more white. I have attached some pictures so you can see them 30 minutes after I turned on...
  14. chinoxl3

Good Morning Everyone!

Good Morning to everyone!!!
  15. chinoxl3

Tank Temp question?

Ok I might be the rebellious one on this one but I keep mine between 82-84. I dont have a chiller so I only have a pair of fans to keep it cool. I havent experience any diseases with fish or corals.
  16. chinoxl3

Reefkeeping Dangers

My experience was when I was moving a bubble coral because it had been knocked down on the sand. Bubble corals are known to let out a protective slime, those of you who own one know what I mean. Anyway, I didn't know I had a small cut in my finger, so you can imagine what kind of pain I was...
  17. chinoxl3

Which brand of SALT do you use???

I use Reef Crystals, its a litte bit more expensive than IO but I never had a problem with it. Apparantley, others are not satisfied with this product but it works for me.
  18. chinoxl3

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Reefer Die Hards

Happy New Year!!!! May all your reef tanks live well and prosper!!
  19. chinoxl3

Merry Christmas Reef Sanctuary!

Count me in twice!!!