• Marine Environment 2 part

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • Bio-Sea

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Other (please specify below...)

Votes: 56 8.1%

• Total voters

Cougra

I'm currently using Instant ocean. WHy, well it was the first brand of salt I came across at the LFS last time I needed to buy some. However I tend to use either Kent or Instant Ocean depending on availability and price. I've been using both brands for the past three years now.

captivereefs

Sponsor
I used to use IO and than swirtched to coralife. I switched because it is cheap as heck for me at the wholesalers. I have not noticed any differance in my tank and the Ca levels are way better than IO. I do have some of the new Oceanic salt coming and am very curius about it.

Craig Manoukian

Marine Environment 2 because it mixes the best (no residue in the mixing bucket), keeps my water parameters in balance, and my tank clean. Smells fresh when mixed and my livestock couldn't be happier.

:) :D :cool: ;) :p :smirk:

IO for me one good reason (at least for me) it comes in a bucket that will mix 200gal, when you have big tank even a small (5%) water change, is still a lot of water. 15 to 20gal of SW a week on my 240gal tank...bulk is cheaper...alot cheaper! This was also the one the LFS recomended to me. I am courious about the IO for reefs. does anyone use this instead of the regular IO. More money but is it really worth it? Any coments, please send me a personal reply. Thank you, in advance.

ste

i used to use IO when i first started and moved to kent four years ago, i like it because it's cheap but still up there with more expensive brands in the ca department etc.
but i am thinking of changing to reef crystals as several friends recommend them but i don't know what to do my tank is so stable with kent salt :confused:

Mary

Evil Angel
IO here too. The sale price that you can get on-line makes it even more attractive to buy. On-line sales for a bucket go for around $35.00 and at the LFS they are about $60.00 here.

cleartank

Originally posted by Mary
IO here too. The sale price that you can get on-line makes it even more attractive to buy. On-line sales for a bucket go for around $35.00 and at the LFS they are about $60.00 here.

The LFS here which is the only one for miles charges $89.99 + 8.5% sales tax for a 200 gal bucket of IO... When I told them I bought 3 buckets @$29.50 each from PetSmart delivered to my door with no shipping charges they said that's not possible!! :D

Mary

Evil Angel
cleartank,
My LFS hates to know about on-line purchase's! I never say anything to him, but when you can get three buckets for the price of one.......then you can buy a new critter more often! Why wouldn't someone want to get more for the money!?! Those are some pretty high prices you have there! I thought ours were bad!!!

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Used IO but recently tried reef crystals but my tank became real cloudy when I mixed salt from the bottom of the bucket so went back to IO;)

chinoxl3

I use Reef Crystals, its a litte bit more expensive than IO but I never had a problem with it. Apparantley, others are not satisfied with this product but it works for me.

EdgeKrusher

I use Bio-Sea. I switched due the the S-15 report, LOL it had me. I can't complain though, everything seems to be doin wonderfully with it so I'm not going to change.

Peace

EK

Tasslehoff

I use Reef Crystals when it's available at the LFS. Instant Ocean when it isn't. I get the large buckets, doing 45gal X2/month water changes.

tass