Search results

1. G

what else should i do if i don't have an algae problem?

so my lights are one 10 hrs a day and i get absolutely no algae, i clean the glass maybe around every 2 weeks but even at 2 weeks its only a hint of green on the glass, I'm assuming my nitrate and phosphate is 0. so i don't test for those, water changes is a lazy 5 gallon change for a 60gallon...
  2. G

where to place my corals

so i bought some frag packs today that consist of zoos, acan, xenia, and a torch i have a 60cube, i have 2 powerheads in the back one on the left and one on the right both blowing forward, my light is 4x t5s 2white2act. and a ecoxotic par38 spotlighting on my sps im not exactly sure where...
  3. G

1 micron pre filter for fowlr?

so i just acquired a 60g cube, and I'm planning on filling up the tank soon, and i was thinking instead of waiting a little less then 24 hours (75g/day) from my rodi unit, i could just throw the waste water into the tank also, is a 1 micron pre filter good enough for a fowlr?
  4. G

how do i control pods in 5g pico

so i currently have a 5g pico thats been running for 2 month with 2 trochus snails and 2 zoos and 2 sps, im tank is is crawling with copepods, isopods(arent harmful, just makes my zoos close once in awhile when they crawl on it) and amphipods that i dont mind cuz i rarely see them. so my...
  5. G

ecoxotic par38, has anyone tried them?

so im thinking of getting the 20k 3b/2w bulb and i was wondering if anyone has any ups or downs about the lamps, im getting it mainly cuz its 21watts
  6. G

bristleworm in a pico tank

so i bought a live rock today for my 5gallon tank im setting up and i can already see 2 bristlewroms on it, i know bristle worms can get to a foot long but i doubt itll grow that big in a pico but should i leave it in the rock or should i remove them concerning their potential size in a 5 gallon...
  7. G

boostled vs ecoxotic?

I'm debating on whether to get the boostled par30 or ecoxotic par38. Off the back of my of my head I rember that the boostled is 10watt at like 80$ And the ecoxotic is 21watt at 110$ or something, is it worth it to get the ecoxotic at twice the watt at not twice the price? Does it mean PAR...
  8. G

pico, zoas, and chemistry question

im planning on building a pico tank doe zoas and cuc, i know what to do as of building the tank, but is magnesium, hardness and calcium inportant for softies? if i only have zoas, will my NH, NO3, NO4, stay at 0ppm? thus not having to worry about algae and buying a cuc to combat the algae...
  9. G

why feed your copepod?

im wondering why when a copepod topic come up, people talk about farming them with phytoplankton. i have a 60 gallon with like 100lbs of liverock, i only have a 6 lined wrasss and convict tang, and my copepods seem to be growing faster then my 6line can handle
  10. G

what goes into a qt?

im wondering what goes into a quarantine tank? chemical wise?
  11. G

ro membranes comparison?

are all ro membranes the same size? will a 35, 75, 150 membrane fit in the same unit? and does a 150gpd mean you can save more water then the 75 because water is permeating through the membrane more?
  12. G

what goes in a quarantine tank? fish with ich

i have a 10g at 1.017sg and at 72 degrees, my powder brown tang is in there now since morning, the ich finally slowed him down for me to catch him. am i missing anything? its bare bottom with one base rock, whisper20 and a 100w heater.
  13. G

hypothetical halide story

Ok so I'm transfering to SDSU in jan. Ill be having my own apt and I know a single unit ac won't be too expensive if I only use it when I'm home, so let's say I'm randomly home throughout the day and home all day saturday and sunday, if my halide timer is set for normal hours on sat and sunday...
  14. G

do tiggerpods ever last?

I tried putting tiggerpods in my refugium twice already and they seem to dissappear 2 weeks after, any advice?
  15. G

what are marco rocks?

I can't find any real info on marco rocks beside it being from the east coast, what's it made of? How come it looks like that and not like fiji with the encrusting coraline on it what's its chemical compound? How it ends up being that shape and any other info you guys can think of
  16. G

metal halide used too long

What happens when you use a metal halide bulb for 6month+
  17. G

attaching corals

How do you guys attach corals into your display tank? Still use superglue gel? Or use puddy?
  18. G

are led bluelights actinic?

Is the led bluelight the same as actinic? Or would I need to buy actinic t5
  19. G

magnetic/electronic ballask

What's the difference between the two and which is better?
  20. G

led vs mh

has anyone tried both mh and led? which is better? besides significantly less heat. i know led will work great and pay itself off in the long run but whats led if it doesnt amount to mh