Search results

1. PIMPALA

Another successful mantis molt

Well, my baby girl did it again. She molts about every 6-9 months. This is I think the 6th or 7th time shes molted. But its the FIRST time that Ive captured it on video, and the first time I was brave enough to stick my hands in the tank and remove the molt almost completely in tact...
  2. PIMPALA

Coralvue Lumenbright pro MH pendants and ballasts

2 ea. 250w coralvue ballast 24" coralvue lumenbright pro pendants with glass shields. My CL listing: Reef aquarium halide lights $400 plus shipping.
  3. PIMPALA

Failure. >:-/

Remember last year when I left my heaters unplugged and my tank got cold while I was gone and a lot of my corals and fish died? Well, that didn't happen again... This time I had a heater failure of the opposite type. Almost catastrophic. Temp spiked, and honestly I don't know how long it's...
  4. PIMPALA

Can anyone ID this chalice?

Got it in a trade. Sort of. Anyway, was just seeing if anyone has a common name or whatever, so I can sell frags eventually.
  5. PIMPALA

47 Gallon Mantis Column of Death.

Ok, so back in my freshwater days, I had this super pain in the butt 47 gallon column tank. Gave it to a buddy when I moved to salt water, and then he gave it back when he converted to salt, and I used it as a fuge for a year or so. Lately I've been using it to mix my salt water. Well, for...
  6. PIMPALA

Bacon of the sea?

The Banded Piglet Squid! Sun Gazing This rarely photographed piglet squid smiles for the camera This bizarre sea creature looks happy with its lot in life as it appears to be smiling broadly. Its tentacles and skin patterns have formed an adorable shape of a small smiling face...
  7. PIMPALA

why all the restrictions on sigs?

i cant have HTML or BB code in my sig anymore? what gives?
  8. PIMPALA

We lost a fellow reefer today. RIP Bil Brothers. :(

Dont know if any of you knew him, but he was an amazing guy. Bil sold frags from his system on the site Home - FragTank.net He also traveled around, sold corals at shows and to a lot of LFS all over. He was afflicted with a rare condition called Freidreichs attaxia which is a...
  9. PIMPALA

LED Lighting for sale

This unit was custom made by Reef Torch specifically for me. I used it for about a year, and there are still many many years and years of life left in it. LEDs dont need to be replaced all the time like regular lighting. It is mounted on adjustible rails, and will work on either a 4, 5 or a 6...
  10. PIMPALA

ASM G3 Skimmer for sale

ASM G3. Used for about 6 months. I purchased 2 of them to run in my tank so I could over-skim and keep a super clean tank, but now I've downgraded to a 120 gallon tank, and just one of these is already over-skimming! Works flawlessly, and its cleaned up, ready to ship! This skimmer will...
  11. PIMPALA

Anyone ever put powerheads in their sump?

I've had them in my fuge before, keeping chaeto rolling, etc. and I always try to siphon junk out of the display if there is any, and out of the sump floor when doing water changes, but i was thinking today while looking at my 2 month old sump that already has a bunch of junk on the bottom of...
  12. PIMPALA

Frag ID please!!!!!!!!

Got this from Jason Fox about 8 months ago as a very small frag, and when my computer crashed, I lost my lists, and for the life of me cant remember what this piece is called. also here on the bottom left: the polyps are VERY small. it looks fleshy like a cyphastria or even...
  13. PIMPALA

My 120 gallon downgrade

This is where I plan to chronicle my new 120 gallon reef. Specs and equipment list so far: 48x24x24, 120 gallon tank 45 gallon custom acrylic sump ASM GX3 skimmer Jetstream calcium reactor GFO Reactor Carbon Reactor Pair of MP40 Mag 18 return pair of coralvue true lumen...
  14. PIMPALA

so... new tank talk. custom dimensions, blah blah blah. just read.

Moving into a new house... thinking about switching the tank up. again. LOL. the 6' tank is just a few inches too long for the only space I really have for a tank in the new house, which is also next to a nice large under stairs fish room (wife keeps calling it a "closet" whatever that...
  15. PIMPALA

if you have teenage kids, make them watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl1ujzRidmU&sns
  16. PIMPALA

nom nom nom

jut wanted to share dinner time with you guys. he really likes Goby. lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjAQEPlqgIA
  17. PIMPALA

What to spend $223 on?

Ok, so I sold my calcium reactor today. Paypal is in the account, and after the fees, I have $223. lol its just sitting there, not sure what to spend it on. anyone have any ideas? LE Zoas? UVS? go ahead, shop with my wallet!
  18. PIMPALA

How to capture a mantis in your aquarium

Many many threads are created on reef forums all over the internet with the question: "My fish and inverts keep disappearing, and I dont know why?" then the inevitable "I hear a clicking/popping sound" and you will find bits and pieces of broken snail and hermit shells. and then...
  19. PIMPALA

My peacock mantis shrimp chronicle.

A couple of years ago, I acquired a nice looking Peacock Mantis Shrimp (Odontodactylus Scyllarus) from a LFS. The plan was to house it in the 20 long that I was tearing down from being a nano reef. the reef looked like this: then it got dismantled, and looked like this...
  20. PIMPALA

We need a mantis section!!

I think there is enough interest, and members with mantis shrimp now, along with good build threads, to warrant a Mantis Shrimp Section here on RS!!!!