We need a mantis section!!

PIMPALA

I think there is enough interest, and members with mantis shrimp now, along with good build threads, to warrant a Mantis Shrimp Section here on RS!!!!

tumblr_l3mw39EW2o1qc6j5yo1_500.jpg

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
If you want a new sticky like here Mobile Inverts

I can make that happen - just let me know what you want it called like (Dedicated Mantis Tanks) - Travis has to create new Sections:

When you do a Search on "mantis" lots of hits on RS, most are members asking how to get them out of their tanks.

Great pic & they are very cool & interesting & so colorful in dedicated tanks.

ReefLady

Staff member
OK so who is going to be the resident expert/mantis fanatic?

If most of the content on RS right now is just about getting them OUT of tanks, then we need someone to commit to leading discussion and making it a legitimate, active subforum. Otherwise it will sink into the recesses and that's actually worse for RS than if we hadn't created a subforum.

So, who's it going to be and what's your plan to lead the discussion?

Responding/volunteering here or via PM will be fine.

BTW awesome photo pimpala!

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
OK so who is going to be the resident expert/mantis fanatic?

If most of the content on RS right now is just about getting them OUT of tanks, then we need someone to commit to leading discussion and making it a legitimate, active subforum. Otherwise it will sink into the recesses and that's actually worse for RS than if we hadn't created a subforum.

So, who's it going to be and what's your plan to lead the discussion?

Responding/volunteering here or via PM will be fine.

BTW awesome photo pimpala!

Devin step up dude

Woohoo Matt has tapatalk back

PIMPALA

I'll be more than happy to keep the section active, and full of good, useful information. There are several members here with plenty of experience keeping them, who I'm also sure will be more than willing to participate! The mantis section on RC is very active, and FULL of good info.

Built347

I can build tanks......lol. I would need some time to be a resident expert on anything tho..lol.. my opinion on removal is roll up your sleeves and noodle that bastage outta there...lol...

For real tho.. you know if I see a question come across ticker that I can help with I'm all over it..
I'm all in... and I'm on a mission to learn everything.. its only a matter of time...:)

Sent from my BatPhone using Tapatalk

jpsika08

Ok, I think a guy just got me a Mantis on hold, if this section goes up, well then, Red Sea Monster is about to increase volume it's volume! :D

Jason, BTW, incredible picture.

Built347

Ok, I think a guy just got me a Mantis on hold, if this section goes up, well then, Red Sea Monster is about to increase volume it's volume! :D

Jason, BTW, incredible picture.

Damit Juan.. let some of the little people have some glory... you can't have a mantis!!. :)

And ya great pic... even more great camera.. what is it?

Built347

I vote section because soon enough everyone will realize that its the closest thing to a dog that will live in a 20 gallon tank underwater... not just a reef bully... I watched mine clean itself like a cat for 10 minutes last night.. c'mon lets see your ocellaris do that...