Search results

1. J

Ughhh flatworms....still...

I had an infestation like you wouldn't believe! Covered EVERYTHING! I tried every natural predator that I even heared of that would eat them. No luck until I added a male & female Malanurus Wrasse. I still have a few, but I think thats because I have to feed the other fish and the Wrasse's get...
  2. J

Hi! I'm Chris. Was just wondering what part of N.Y. are you from?

Hi! I'm Chris. Was just wondering what part of N.Y. are you from?
  3. J

Lawn mower blennies And hair algae

As "Cheeks" answered, the root of the problem should be your long term goal. But, as for critters that eat (and I mean EAT) hair algae, 'ya can't beat a Sea Hare! Only problem is, once the hair algae is gone (and, it will be), you've got a very limited time to get that Sea Hare to another HA...
  4. J

still cant grow coraline algae

I suggest using B-Ionic 2 part Calcium & Alkalinity and B-Ionic Magnesium, and of course testing for such. Great products!
  5. J

RO/DI quality/cost?

You mentioned you're a tenant in a 2-family house. Good for you! As a 2-family house homeowner (and I live in one of the 2 apts.), I can only hope that water IS included in your rent. (LOL). I include water in my tenants rent and I have totally outrageous water bills! Keep in mind that RO/DI...
  6. J

WTB High End Anemone

...I must say...I've never heared of these terms for any variety. Do you have the "scientific" names? Species?
  7. J

My yellow tang died! any ideas????

Lastly, sometimes a fish just dies, and you'll never know exactly why. That's the way it works sometimes. This is SO true! I had a Yellow Tang that was in great shape. Very active, the "king" of the tank. The night before his demise, he was as healthy (so it seemed), as could...
  8. J

FS: Korallin BioDenitrator Nitrate Filter S-1502

...Had to correct my reply: Marine Depot sells the S-1502 for $365.99 It's the S-3002 that sells for $511.99 and the S-4002 for $699.99. But again, a GREAT piece of equipment!
  9. J

FS: Korallin BioDenitrator Nitrate Filter S-1502

I have a Midwest Aquatics XL Denitrator (same thing, different brand), and all I can say is these things are great! Reduced my nitrates from 160ppm to ZERO and keeps 'em there. $200. is a good price as I think Marine Depot sells them for $500.+.
  10. J

Sea Hare

Mine did a wonderful job also. But before I could find him/her a new home, it died. Be quick my friend, it won't last long!
  11. J

Happy Birthday DesertOrchid!

...A Very Happy Birthday!
  12. J

Chemi pure placement

It is suggested to have water pass through it and not around it, which IS kinda' confusing. I have mine sitting on top of the eggcrate as the water enters my sump, basically using gravity in hopes that it goes down "through" it. Also, may I suggest using the Chemi-Pure Elite? For a few bucks...
  13. J

Flatworm Exit. Need info

I'll tell 'ya...I had a major Flatworm infestation and only wanted to use FWE as a very last resort. I tried every natural preditor known to eat Flatworms. The list is emmence! Finally, after months of different fish and inverts, I bought a Malanurus Wrasse (actually, a male & female), and it...
  14. J

Salinity

I've read that "natural" seawater is 1.025, so, that's where I try to keep mine.
  15. J

New colt coral

Very Nice! Looks Happy!
  16. J

Happy Birthday GrendelPrime !!!!!!!!!!!

...The Happiest of Birthdays!
  17. J

57 Rimless SeaHorse Tank!

Sounds great! Good Luck! It's something I think I'd like to try one day. Following your progress...
  18. J

denitratetor

Marine Depot sells the Korallin BioDenitrator (w/ pump), which seems identical to my Midwest Aquatics.
  19. J

denitratetor

Geez! For some reason, the link's not workin'!