Flatworm Exit. Need info

Ashr

Flatworm Exit. Info needed!!

So I have ordered FWE as I am seeing more FW then I ever have before, not a ton but if I leave it there will be way more.. Now these guys are still pretty small and not everywhere just yet. I have done a lot of reading on this stuff. The good and the bad lol. Just wanted to know if anyone here has used it before and wanted to share their stories.

I have a QT cycling right now so I think I could add my live stock to this while I dose the tank? Some people leave their fish in and some don’t... I just don’t wanna lose all my fish/shrimp etc.

I think as long as my tank is not over run the toxic shock shouldn’t be that bad.. Is it less toxic when they are smaller too? I don’t have any over a few mm in size.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Never used it but I'll give your thread a bump. I know mbdave has used it - maybe send him a PM.

JulesVane

I'll tell 'ya...I had a major Flatworm infestation and only wanted to use FWE as a very last resort. I tried every natural preditor known to eat Flatworms. The list is emmence! Finally, after months of different fish and inverts, I bought a Malanurus Wrasse (actually, a male & female), and it did the trick! I've just got this hang-up about dumping poison in my tank...LOL.

mbdave

Hey ashr Terry sent me a PM asking about my experience with FWE. I have used it 4-5 times in tanks and personally I have never had a problem with it. Just have a water change bucket handy so after the death of the worms you can do a WC. I usually plan it around a WC and do the FWE and then awhile later do a WC. I have also taken corals out that have an obvious infestation like mushrooms and made a FWE dip, I put a few drops in a large bowl of SW and place the coral in it for 5-10 minutes maybe less depends on the hardiness of the coral and how bad the worms are, them place it in clean SW give it a good shake to drop the dead worms and flush out any remaining FWE. I had a yuma that was looking very bad once and after inspection realized it was covered in FW, I did the dip on it and a day or so later it was just fine. If you have corals with obvious FW's "look close they are good at blending" dip those first and then do the tank that will lessen the population so it's easier to eradicate them. After the treatment and WC run some fresh carbon on the tank. If you have a box filter or a canister, use it so you get good flow through the carbon. FWE flat knocks them out! They are running scared a couple minutes after you drip it in and floating not long after that. I have had to do a second treatment in the past but when I would hit problem corals or rocks first it seemed to work much better.

Good luck,
Dave

Ashr

Thanks a lot Dave and Terry for asking for me :)

Would you think I need to do any coral dips if the corals look fine? I don't have 1000's of FW but I wanna stop it before they get that big and in greater numbers lol.