Search results

1. S

Chiller pump for E170 rear sump

I'm running everything stock from RedSea, the exception of a Gyre I added. The lights are Hydra LEDs. The tank keeps a normal temperature of 78-79, but I use a Nest thermostat for my A/C. To get the ECO benefits of using a Nest, during the summer I have the indoor temp go up to 78 before the...
  2. S

Chiller pump for E170 rear sump

Apologies if this has been asked before.. I am looking to add a chiller to my MAX E170, and I was wondering what pump will actually fit in the rear sump for this? It looks like the top section of the media rack is where the pump is supposed to sit. I've read the those with the C250 use the...
  3. S

Killing Green Star Polyps

Some of you may remember when I posted about trying to remove some green star polyps from my tank and how I got poisoned by palytoxin. Well, these polyps have pretty much taken over my tank. I know people say remove the rocks and use a blow torch to kill them, but that would mean tearing my...
  4. S

Removed some coral polyps and Yellow Tang died within an hour.. HELP!!

Yes I definitely meant I won't be going in my tank WITHOUT gloves from now on. I wasn't exactly fragging, I was just trying to remove them. They looked like green button polyps, but a lighter color of green than I have seen in the past. They were taking over the tank. I should have just...
  5. S

So, I spent the night with a 101 degree fever, muscle aches all over my body... I mean EVERY muscle ached, joints aches, upset stomach.. Just like having the flu. I'm fine now after sleeping all day. My two frogspawn, torch, and hammer did not make it. My duncan and other zoos are just...
  6. S

I just called poison control.. They said as long as it's just numbness in my hand to just keep an eye on it. I'll keep you guys posted..
  7. S

Thanks yeah I'll keep an eye an it.. That stuff is no joke.. I mean that Tang went from a perfectly healthy guy to dead in an hour... wow.
  8. S

I wasn't wearing gloves while doing this (stupid, I know), and I do have a cut on my hand.. and my hand is feeling a bit numb.. At what point is this a medical emergency?
  9. S

I had some sort of green looking star polyps (not true GSPs, I don't know what they are) that were taking over my tank, so today I tried to remove as many of them as I could.. Within an hour, my Yellow Tang, who had been swimming around just fine earlier today, died. My hammer is expelling...
  10. S

Jumping blenny??

My new blenny (two weeks old) apparently jumped out of my tank and landed on top of the glass cover right under my T5 HOs. By the time I discovered this, he was stiff just like he'd been freeze dried... Aren't these guys supposed to stay near the bottom??
  11. S

I poured salt on my hammer, now what?

Yeah I didn't do this one correctly at all. That's what I get for having a few beers then thinking "Oh, I really need to do a water change tonight.." Anyways, so you guys recommend just leaving the dead polyps alone, and not cutting them off? Would cutting them off encourage newer ones to...
  12. S

I poured salt on my hammer, now what?

I am so extremely upset with myself. I did a water change last night, and thought I had gotten all of the salt dissolved and mixed well. As I ended pouring the new batch of water in, it suddenly turned into a river of salt and went right on my hammer. :cry1: This was by far my healthiest...
  13. S

Got cyano on your sand? Get a blenny!

So I've had some cyano issues... I bought a blenny a couple of days ago (not really sure of the species.. he is clear, with some yellow striping and a little blue on him as well).. Within a matter of hours, the cyano on my sand was GONE, and it's still gone. I actually saw him eating the...
  14. S

F/S Hofer's Gurgle Buster

Eric made one of these for me, and I just received it today. I have a LifeReef overflow and it was pretty damn loud. I installed this thing, and it is SILENT. I mean SILENT. The only thing I hear now from my tank is my AquaC Remora skimmer, which I hope to replace with an Octopus Extreme...
  15. S

Silencer for LifeReef overflow

Does anyone know where I can buy an already made standpipe or gurgle buster for a LifeReef overflow?
  16. S

Powerheads

I have two Koralia 3's for my 40g breeder, and no matter where I place them, it's just too much of a powerful flow. My corals look like a hurricane is hitting them! I replaced one of the the 3's props with a prop for a 2, and it's still too powerful. I just took the powerheads out. So at the...
  17. S

lighting for a 40 gallon breeder

That lighting should be fine... That's exactly what I have, and I am keeping frogspawn, hammer, torch, bubble, duncan, and zoas with no issues at all.
  18. S

Peppermints ate hammer!

As soon as I put my new hammer in, a peppermint started munching on it! Does this mean it was already sick? Is there anything I can do to save it? I put it in on Saturday, it was pretty full, now it is down to this. My Zoas, bubble, and Duncans are all doing fine...
  19. S

Tube like thing..

This started growing on an old Cerith's shell, and is getting bigger.. Any ideas??
  20. S

AquaC Remora to Urchin, EV-120, or ??

I bought my AquaC Remora before I decided to build a sump... Now that I have my sump going, I would like to get a true in-sump skimmer. I like the Remora, although it is a little loud, but I've gotten used to it. I like the ease of use, so I was thinking of just getting an Urchin...