Peppermints ate hammer!

As soon as I put my new hammer in, a peppermint started munching on it! Does this mean it was already sick? Is there anything I can do to save it?

I put it in on Saturday, it was pretty full, now it is down to this. My Zoas, bubble, and Duncans are all doing fine...

Attachments

• hammer.jpg
    hammer.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 67

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
It's very possible it was already sickly and the peppermint just went in for the buffet first.

It's like when you drive down the road and see a buzzard eating a deer on the side of the road. I'm pretty sure the buzzard didn't kill the deer but it's going to town eating it after the fact.

Comboverguy

I'm a real greenhorn, so you can take it for what it's worth, but I make sure and feed heavily before I add anything to my tank. That way the animals aren't looking for something for lunch.

BigJay

anytime you move a coral,fish,crustacean to a new tank its going to be stressed. The shrimp likely picked up on its weakened state and had itself a meal. Peppermints are fairly aggressive when it comes to an easier meal and the reason why a lot people recomend you don't put them in your tank.