lighting for a 40 gallon breeder

aftershock212

hi guys. i'm getting a 40 gallon breeder and plan to start a reef tank using it. while i have kept saltwater fish before and understand most things well enough, i have no idea about lighting requirements for corals. i've read up on the different types and decided that halides are too expensive and will cause too much problems with heating than it is worth. i was thinking about getting this fixture:

Current 36" T5 4x39w

i was wondering what i would be able to keep with that lighting. i was hoping to maybe try sps in the future. thanks for the info

hi guys. i'm getting a 40 gallon breeder and plan to start a reef tank using it. while i have kept saltwater fish before and understand most things well enough, i have no idea about lighting requirements for corals. i've read up on the different types and decided that halides are too expensive and will cause too much problems with heating than it is worth. i was thinking about getting this fixture:

Current 36" T5 4x39w

i was wondering what i would be able to keep with that lighting. i was hoping to maybe try sps in the future. thanks for the info

That lighting should be fine... That's exactly what I have, and I am keeping frogspawn, hammer, torch, bubble, duncan, and zoas with no issues at all.

Whacked

If that fixture has individual reflectors, even better. SPS and clams shouldnt be a issue.
I have a DIY T5 kit from reefgeeks and I love it.
I only have a couple SPS and a single crocea clam. They like my light