Search results

1. A

Hospital Tank Set Up Question

Good news, I was able to find a 35 gallon wide tank someone was throwing out on my street...lucky huh! Even has a working lid and light which I will be using as the hospital tank. Going to use the media in the 10 gallon to get the cycle going but I have decided to wait for the tank to cycle in...
  2. A

PH Levels

My tank PH parameters are range from 7.92 in the morning to 7.98 in the evening. I am wondering if these parameters are acceptable?
  3. A

Hospital Tank Set Up Question

My fish have ich, well the tangs do anyway but I plan to quarantine all fish as per the instructions on the great threads posted...dont worry I have read them all. However i have a clarification question. I did not seed a sponge for the filter for the biological filtering to happen so I am...
  4. A

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin Quick Question for you, I have been having an issue with Cyno, most of my other algae issues have disappeared or have been reduced to a point where they are not an issue however Cyno is has replaced the other...
  5. A

Live Rock turning white

I don't think i changed anything in my regular maintenance. It's possible it could be the red algae breakout that has settled on the rock...thanks for the feedback.
  6. A

Live rock turning white

It appears that my live rock is turning white, like the coraline algae is dying off. I am not sure what could be causing this, my water parameters are below..the only thing I can tell is that maybe my ALK is low? I do have a red algae breakout on my sand and rock. My Algae Turf Scrubber is new...
  7. A

Live Rock turning white

I am noticing my live rock is turning white lately. Any reason why this would be. My calcium seems fine and on the higher end. I do have an algea issue, quite a bit of red algae film covering rocks and sand. I have just started a turf scrubber so I am assuming my tank is transitioning hence the...
  8. A

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin Thanks, found it...exact issue I am having. If and when I get this finally working I will want to send you a thank you gift!!!
  9. A

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin Another question, I am noticing that I am getting red algea on my sand and on some of my live rock. I am about a month into running the ATS. My screen color is light green to yellow in areas on the screen...
  10. A

Red and Hair Algae taking over...slowly...

Do your P04 test soon after you do a clean up of the algea and water change...I am assuming you are siphoning out the algae with your water changes. This should get you some readings.
  11. A

Reef Safe Paint?

I want to paint some of the sides of my sump to keep out light from the ATS, some portions will be in the saltwater. Is there a specific paint type that would be recommended as reef safe for acrylic/lexxan and wont chip or fade away?
  12. A

Recommended Flow Investments

Any chance the MP20 would be good enough for 70 gallons? What if I crank it high?
  13. A

Anemones in powerhead

Found the picture, thought I would post it here also to share with others so they dont make the same mistake I did. Anemones and powerheads dont mix, use screening or foam covers for your powerheads. :) Also, just an update...anemone expanded today and I touch it to see if there was movement...
  14. A

Anemones in powerhead

Okay he is not looking too good, Saturday night I took a razor blade and made a small incision to remove him the torn up bits from his body that were holding him to the powerhead. He seemed to be okay Sunday but today he looks weak. Need some advice, remove it...he is dead or gone soon or...
  15. A

interesting you said #1 since you own so many Vortech's, is the flow not sufficient? Unhappy with the item?
  16. A

I am contemplating various flow solutions but cant decide what to go with; 1) Digital Aquatics controller with two Hydor Koralia Evo powerheads - cheapest solution since this will monitor PH and temperature, lights, ATO, etc. 2) Vortech MP20 - says good enough for up to 70 gallons, like...
  17. A

Anemones in powerhead

One more question, has anyone wrapped stockings around the powerhead to protect anemones or will they just be an algae attraction.
  18. A

Anemones in powerhead

So I pulled out the powerhead and put it my sump area and I did notice the anemone has expanded now quite a bit. It seems like it is alive but not 100% sure. I assume if it was dead it would have shrunk to a little ball. It is not looking to good though, it looks like it got chopped up near the...
  19. A

Salt Mix - Instant Ocean Reef Crystals

What is the general opinion on Instant Ocean Reef Crystals, good product or not? Experience with Algae growth?
  20. A

Anemones in powerhead

Thinking about setting one up tomorrow, using the tank water but he is still in the powerhead, cant get him out and that was my main flow source.