PH Levels

AndyMan

My tank PH parameters are range from 7.92 in the morning to 7.98 in the evening. I am wondering if these parameters are acceptable?

BigJay

keeping your tank clean is the first step. Regular water changes are the other. In closed houses that seldom are opened to outside air its not abnormal for your tank to fall in the 7.9 to 8.1 range. Adding buffers to artificially maintain your tank to 8.3 is not a good course of action. Keep to a healthy water change routine, don't overstock the tank and make sure your alkalinity is where it's suppose to be.

yvr

pH fluctuates through the day. The net consumption of carbon dioxide during the daylight hours, leads to some aquariums to become deficient in CO2 during the day, and the pH rises.If you are having dramatic fluctuations you can aerate the aquarium water to degass excess carbon dioxide.

To make a small correction you can use a buffer like TM Triple Buffer or use a good salt with a naturally high buffer capacity like Tropic Marin or similar.

BigJay

or use a good salt with a naturally high buffer capacity like Tropic Marin or similar.

I've been using TM pro reef for probably around a year or longer and I have seen 0 evidence that it provides any significant difference in PH buffering capability. My PH is exactly the same as it is with most other quality reef salts with all other variables being identical.

BigJay

YVR are you affiliated with tropic marin? I just went over many of your posts and it seems quite a few if not most are shilling for tropic marin. I also see you live same city as Florida's distributorship for TM. It's cool if you are but it would be nice to know why you are recommending these products.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Had the same issue. Using marine buffer by seachem and no problems holding. I did have to use it a few days in a row though. Hope this helps. Matt