Search results

1. bwhit1406

75 gallon RR with stand sump and pump. (Florida)

Hello all I have a 75 gallon Reef Ready tank, stand, sump and little giant return pump. I am looking to get $250 for it. I am located in Land O Lakes Florida. [/IMG]
  2. bwhit1406

Vertex Biopellets

I am in the process of upgrading to a 125. I decided to not setup a refugium for this build and instead use Vertex Biopellets. Anyone out there currently using the same? I have a reactor that will be teed off my return plumbing.
  3. bwhit1406

Bwhit1406's 125 upgrade

Hello all! I was fortunate enough to pick up a 125 for a really good price. I am going to document the process of upgrading from a 75 gallon to a 125. Let me show ya where I am now. [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG]
  4. bwhit1406

F/S Reeflo Snapper 18

Hello all I have a reeflo snapper 18 that I bought for a second tank. I decided against the second tank so I am trying to unload it now. New in box never used $200 plus shipping
  5. bwhit1406

worm with a red body and white head?

this guy was hauling butt all around my fuge this morning. I have never seen him before, he is a very fast swimmer. He also has a red line that streaks up his white head sorry for the crappy pics [/IMG] [/IMG]
  6. bwhit1406

Twins!

I got a kinda worried the other night when I looked in my tank and my Anemone wasn't looking so hot. I checked all my parameters but everything seemed normal and everything else in the tank looked good. The next morning when I went to check on him, there were two! Pretty awesome my clown has...
  7. bwhit1406

Hole placement for closed loop.

I need some feedback on my layout for hole drilling. Black holes feed closed loop, red holes return from closed loop. Overflow feeds sump, White holes return from sump. [/IMG]
  8. bwhit1406

Sump in garage

Trying to plan my 75 build and thought about having the sump in the garage and plumbing it through the wall. My problem is I am scared of the temperature of the garage. Live in Florida and Garage can get up to 100 in the summer. How much will the garage temp affect the overall tank temp?
  9. bwhit1406

Bwhit's 75 The Sequel

My original plan was to start a 55 gallon in my computer room. I picked up a tank at a great price but once i got it I just wasn't happy with the depth. So I Sold the 55 gallon at a profit, and picked up a new 75 and a used stand for $100. So far I have 20 pounds of dry rock I got from...
  10. bwhit1406

Over flow box... worth it or toss it?

Ok so I have been trying to get equipment to start a 55. I picked up a tank and stand for real cheap. My plan was to drill it , now I find A tag on the bottom that says all panels are tempered. Do I resell it and get a different tank or do I use one of the hang on overflows in my garage? Is...
  11. bwhit1406

Bwhit's 55 gallon

I recently started the process of trying to convince my wife that we need another tank. After a week or so of negotiations, furniture moving, and whatever favors see wants to be named later, I got the green light. I want to use the lessons I have learned from my 75 and the countless hours of...
  12. bwhit1406

Current Bulbs

Hello all, I have an Current Outer Orbit light fixture with 2 150watt DE MH and 2 130watt PC 420/460 bulbs. I can not find an online dealer that has these bulbs in stock. Can I use another brands bulbs in the fixture. I assume I can but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. Thank you in advance.
  13. bwhit1406

Red Sea C-Skim 1200

I got a really good deal on a brand new Red Sea C- Skim 1200 today. Does anyone use one of these or seen one in a system? Would you say this is a good skimmer for a 75 gallon with 30 gallon Refugium?
  14. bwhit1406

Bwhit's 75 gallon

Hello everyone, thanks for taking the time to take a look at my tank. This is my first Saltwater tank , and has been up for 13 months now. I have a 30 gallon Refugium that sits next to display and drains directly into the display. I have recently added quite a few SPS frags and wanted to...
  15. bwhit1406

frags in Tampa

Looking to meet some members in the tampa bay florida area that would like to trade frags. I have some kenya tree and finger leather frags avaliable if interested.
  16. bwhit1406

Changeover to filter sock

Hello all currently I have a wet dry trickle setup with a filter tray. I would love to yank it all out and modify it to a filter sock. Will taking out the Bio Balls all at once have any negative effect? Over 100 gallons in my system and 85ish pounds of live rock. Been running for a year.
  17. bwhit1406

Hello from Land o Lakes!

Hello all Great site! I have had my 75 gallon reef tank set up for over a year now and have had a lot of fun watching it grow. Its great to read what everyone has to share and I hope to contribute in the future. I just added a 30 gallon display refugium next to my tank and am excited to watch...
  18. bwhit1406

30 Gallon Display Refugium

Hello everyone I am new to the site. I have a 75 gallon main tank that has been up and running for over a year. I just completed a 30 gallon refugium that is set up next to my display. I teed off my tank return to feed the fuge and drilled the cube so that it drains directly into my display...