Search results

1. ACRONUTS

180 gallon reef tank update 3-28-15

Hey all! This is my most recent update video shot with an iPhone 6+ using an old polarized lenses from sunglasses I can't wear anymore. Unfortunately my MH's tend to wash out colors towards the top of tank. for more specific details on my tank setup, etc follow my build out "saga" lol at...
  2. ACRONUTS

The Rebirth/Rebuild of my 180g sps thread

Well not sure how to start but I guess from the beginning. This past summer my work took my away for 4 months. While work these days is a rarity, to me it was a no brainer. Do it! Make money to pay bills and support your addiction. While away I paid my nephew to take care of the 180 gallon...
  3. ACRONUTS

My 180g mostly sps tank one year BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

Well guys its OFFICIAL!!! My 180g is now a year old! I did though have some early success but right around month 8 to 10 all hell broke loose. A massive alk spike, out of control phosphates and nitrates. We are back on track and ready to go on.......! A couple come back kids...
  4. ACRONUTS

Best Mp40 mode for a SPS tank

For you fellow reefers out there who use two mp40's what have you felt has given your sps the best flow mode, for optimium growth? Please let me know if you have them in anti-sync or non anti-sync mode. And finally are your pumps across from each other or are they on same side?
  5. ACRONUTS

Changing screen name. AKA jsdancer

Hey guys, Just wanted to let you all know I changed my screen name from jsdancer to ACRONUTS. Much more sutable for the forum life I think.:bluenod:
  6. ACRONUTS

Jason Fox coral additions

One of my LFS was having their 3rd yr anniversary and Jason Fox attended and had some of his signature corals to sell. Here the ones that I found I could not live without! Ya know what thats like! LOL! Japanese porites Not fully colored yet but give it a month, Fire Echino...
  7. ACRONUTS

8th month video update on 180g sps tank

Well guys here is my 1st attempt at video with my camera. I am excited as my tank reaches the 1 year mark. Some things have grown very well while others are still slower. I wanted some kind of record before I start the trimming process on a few of my bigger pieces. I feel like the gardener who...
  8. ACRONUTS

1st Annual South East Marine Conference

1st Annual South Eastern Coral Farmers Market This past Sunday I attend my first ever marine show. It was fun and exciting! I saw some people from my local club, some people that I thought had left the hobby. I even met the infamous Jason fox! For a 1st ever in Orlando it went very, very well...
  9. ACRONUTS

Sps tanks and M. MUD and Zeovit

I am considering adding a refugium to my exsisting 180g mostly sps. I have great color and growth and would be adding it for the other benefits like, nitrates and phosphate removal, live food source for corals and fish. If any of you gals and guys out there using any MM or Zeovit, PLEASE chime...
  10. ACRONUTS

6 month update on 180g reef tank

Hey guys good to be back. Just thought I'd share my progress for the last 6 months. I know some of the names of the acro's so those I will list. The others of course will be unknown's. Some of you FTS guys there will be some of those as well as over head shots that I made. Let me know what you...
  11. ACRONUTS

1 yr growth shots of ORA's green bird's nest

I have been looking forward to this for some time now. I can officially say now that I have been successful at keeping this sps coral. The following is a record of the growth of this beautiful coral purchased at WWC on 11-17-2008 Taken 11-18-2008 Taken 02-27-2009 Taken 06-28-2009...
  12. ACRONUTS

New Additions

Took a trip down to Tampa today to a place called The Coral Corral. What a place!!! It has the same caliber of corals as WWC!! The guys there were very helpful thanks to owner, Pierre, I think that is his name and Craig. Very knowledgeable staff. I picked up a few pieces there some sps's and...
  13. ACRONUTS

Some new additions

Took a trip down to Tampa today to a place called The Coral Corral. What a place!!! It has the same caliber of corals as WWC!! The guys there were very helpful thanks to owner, Pierre, I think that is his name and Craig. Very knowledgeable staff. I picked up a few pieces there some sps's and...
  14. ACRONUTS

ca reactor problems

Well guys I had my tank refilled on Monday and Sunday night my cylinder was empty. Yep thats right empty! I don't fully understand why? I had the tank valve opened all the way. The solenoid i needed to keep adjusting. But I know that the needle valve was not opened all the way. Evidently there...
  15. ACRONUTS

New Additions

Well went to WWC to get fish food and some RO refills. Ended up with these instead! Guys I have a problem! I am a SPS ADDICT! Aquacultured pink and yellow not named millipora Blue tenuous acropora This one replaces my disappeared...
  16. ACRONUTS

Ebay and sps's

Well guys I won some auctions on Ebay. Shipping items arrived well. Some nice surprises in size. I know that with time they will color up. Who knows maybe they will color up differently in under my conditions. Here they are: TRICOLOR Acropora Secale SKY BLUE Acropora Nobilis Slimer...
  17. ACRONUTS

Ebay buying

Have any of you bought corals from Ebay? Any experiences that you have can you please share with me? Thanks
  18. ACRONUTS

Cycling and water changes

How soon after cycling your tank should you think about doing a water change?
  19. ACRONUTS

Some new additions

Here are my latest additions. Thanks for letting me share them with you. Season's greeting Deepwater bottlebrush acropora. Pic does not really show the blue tips. WWC red/green millipora Oregon blue tort
  20. ACRONUTS

Fairy wrasse behavior

Any fairy wrasses out there known to hide all day long and come out only at night? If so what type would it be?